[COMPLETE-HEBREW] Bible (Hebrew) 02: Exodus - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great! I've put him in as DPL. 8-)

There's no need for him to re-PL sections that are already marked PL OK, unless you want him to double check the ones PL'd by someone who doesn't understand the language. It's not a matter of how to qualify to become a DPL; it's whether or not you want the recordings checked again. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Sections marked PL ok were marked (as far as I remember) only by me, since it meant word-perfect PL.
There are some uploaded sections which I just changed from "assigned" to "ready for PL" (they were marked as "assigned" so I could see they were waiting for me to do the WP PL). I also deleted the notes about tech-specs, since I remember someone checking them in a couple of sections, and saying they were ok. Before uploading each section I ran it through the Checker app, so if these 2 sections were ok, the rest should be ok too.
This leaves us with:
1. 6 sections PL ok
2. 7 sections waiting for WP (including standard) PL
3. 5 sections waiting for recording
This looks (at last, sigh...) as something feasible (sigh again...).
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yay! I'm glad you are able to begin recording again. :)

And I'm glad you kept track of what needs to be done and what doesn't. :thumbs:
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Hi Daria,
Listened to Section 4. Very well read and great attention to detail!
I did notice a small mispronunciation near the end, though:
8:33 - מֵעִמְּךָ - should be read as מֵעִמָּךְ instead
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Listened to section 5 as well.
Yet again a very accurate and clear reading. Didn't find any mispronunciations. Good job!
Set the section as "PL OK" :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

jazzman wrote: March 7th, 2021, 8:45 pm I did notice a small mispronunciation near the end, though:
8:33 - מֵעִמְּךָ - should be read as מֵעִמָּךְ instead
Sorry, my bad.
I checked my files and found that I had already PLed section 4, found this mistake (and some others, like a verse that should be read as a question and accents on the wrong syllable), recorded the corrected verses and inserted them into the original recording. But in the new file one could plainly hear these insertions, no matter how much I tried to smooth them over. So, long before you joined, since I was considering recording the entire section all over, apparently, I did not upload the corrected version to LV.

I uploaded it now, and I apologize for the mess and for asking: could you please PL section 4 again, and in addition to the word-perfect PL check whether the insertions stick out so much that the entire section should be redone?

Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_04_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3
I hope the Magic Window updates automatically, but just in case 2 quick ways to verify:
1. The old version (the one you PLed) was 9:08 min, the new one is 9:04
2. In the old version chapter 7 verse 2 (time-code 00:33) the last word was אֲצַוֶּךָ and in the new one it's אֲצַוֶּךָּ (ך' דגושה), as it should be.

Thank you and sorry again... :oops:
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Hey Daria,

No worries, we all make mistakes :wink:

Re-listened to section 4. It sounds great to me. Didn't find any mistakes! Set it to "PL-OK" :thumbs:
Regarding the edits in the recording - you can sometimes notice a slight change in tone of voice due to the edits, but it really isn't too noticeable and doesn't interfere at all with the flow of the text. Definitely doesn't warrant re-reading the section in my opinion!
Really impressed with your accuracy so far :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Thanks Guy!
I could really use a sweating emoji but I guess LV volunteers don't sweat :lol:

And thanks to the fresh wind in my sails, section 13 is up and ready for PL!
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_13_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

D.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Hi Daria,

Listened to sections 8 & 9. Overall really good and accurate reading!
I did find a few really small mispronunciations:

Section 8
* 1:30
פרק טז
פסוק ח
מְלִינִם -> מַלִינִם
* 4:10
פרק טז
פסוק ל
וְיִשְׁבְּתוּ -> וַיִשְׁבְּתוּ

Section 9
* 3:35
פרק יח
פסוק כו
יִשְׁפּוֹטוּ -> יִשְׁפּוּטוּ

Let me know if anything's unclear :wink:
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Hi Daria,

Listened to sections 10 & 11. Both are PL OK.
Excellent reading! Keep up the good work! :thumbs:
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Thanks!
I'll finish recording and then do all the corrections that will probably pile up.
Meanwhile, section 14 is up: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_14_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3 (Magic Window updated).

Guy, I guess you know the difference between מָאתָיִם and מָאֲתָיִם :wink: Well, for the first time in my life I actually pronounced it מָאֲתָיִם (just that once, although the word appears more than once), and then decided, "for authenticity's sake" to leave as it is (-: It's not a very explicit "ma'atayim", more like a long vowel (maatayim) so I hope you'll be ok with it.

D.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Oh, and 2 questions for Tricia (?):
1. When I began recording, we changed the opening and closing sections, so I wouldn say "recorded by Daria" only at the beginning of section 2 and at the end of section 18. I've already recorded section 18 (haven't edited it yet) but closing it with "recorded by Daria" seemed unfair. So I checked how Sonneteer presented himself in his most recent recordings and the closing section now says: "recorded by <Sonneteer's name> and Daria."
Is that ok?
2. There's a "spot PL" status in the Magic Window which I haven't noticed before. I searched the forum for "spot PL", got 856 result pages :shock: , so I apologize and just want to make sure: after correcting sections according to the PL notes, when uploading them again should I mark these sections as "spot PL"?

Thanks,
D.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Is Sonneteer recording more than just the first section? It sounds like you're using some of his audio in the last section? If so, what you propose is fine.

I'd also put him in the last section as a reader. (You can have more than one reader per section.) If his voice is in any other sections, let me know, and we'll assign them properly.

Q2: If a DPL has checked a file, and it only needed a couple corrections (so just a quick check of the edits is needed), then use "Ready for Spot PL" as the status. It's not the end of the world if you don't, but it does give the PL a better idea of what they have to do. :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Q2: Great, that's what I thought but wasn't sure.
Q1: Sonneteer recorded only the first section, and I did the rest. Nevertheless, I thought it would be appropriate to mention his name, so in the closing section of section 18 the text "recorded by <Sonneteer> and Daria" is in my voice.
I could download one of his recent recordings or use the 1st section, cut out his name and paste it in section 18, so it would be: "[me] recorded by [Sonneteer] <Sonnetter's name> [me] and Daria".
Whatever you think best.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think that's more work than it's worth, but it's up to you. :)