[COMPLETE-HEBREW] Bible (Hebrew) 02: Exodus - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Section 4 is uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_04_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3.

I also re-divided the chapters and ended up with 19 sections. Most of them will be 8-15(?) minutes long, but since the text keeps "jumping" from one topic to another, the last chapter (no. 40) is and "orphan". Should I try to squeeze everything into less (but longer) sections?
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

GrownupDaria wrote: November 21st, 2018, 1:20 am Hi,

November update: I'm slowly resuming my "volunteering duties". Already working on section 4.

Since it's mostly a solo project, can we make some minor adjustments to the intro and to the end of each recording?
1. Specifically, in the intro we currently have twice "Exodus, from the Hebrew Bible" and maybe we can leave our the second reference?
2. I would also like to mention my name only at the beginning of section 2 (which is my first section) and at the end of the last section instead of mentioning it at the beginning and at the end of each section.
3. I think we should add at the beginning of each chapter (which means 2-3 times in each section) the name of the book and the chapter number in Hebrew: "Chapter Seven, Sefer Shmot, Perek Zayin".

What do you think?
1. The usual solo intro for sections after the first takes care of this - but I see it isn't in your first post instructions. You can say the full intro for your first section (section 2), and then for subsequent sections, you can say:
"Section [number] of Exodus, from the Hebrew Bible. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."

2. The name part does say, "If you wish, say..." so you can put in or leave out your name however you want. So yes, this is fine. :)

3. I don't know Hebrew, so I don't know what you're suggesting here. :) Yes, you can definitely say the chapter number right before the chapter text. Do what you think works best for the listener.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Currently working on section 5.

Sorry for the delay. The People of Israel had wandered in the desert for 40 years. I really hope that this project won't take as long as that :? :oops:
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Section 5 uploaded, MagicWindow updated.

Link to section 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_05_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Section 6 uploaded, Magic Window updated + I've replaced the files for sections 3-5 with the shortened version of the open-close sections.

I have a technical question: I've decided to add the chapter number in Hebrew (the sections usually contain 2 chapters), following the chapter number in English. All's well starting with section 3, but I messed up and didn't save a flac file for section 2. All I have is the 128kbps mp3. Would it be ok to work on that and then re-export it to mp3?

Thanks!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

At cataloging time, the section titles in the file are replaced by what is in the section title in the Magic Window. So if you want Hebrew in the ID tags, they'll need to be in the section titles in the MW.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Oh, I didn't mean the section titles - they are fine (besides, adding text in Hebrew might mess up the tags because of language encoding issues).
I mean in the recording itself. After the LV disclaimer there's "chapter <x>" . Then in the middle of each section when a new chapter begins we have to say "chapter <x+1>" . Now since the text is in Hebrew I asked if I could add in the recording also the number in Hebrew, and you said it was ok. So I added the Hebrew text to recordings that I had in flac format. But what happens if I meddle with a mp3 file (section 2)? Its quality is already reduced (128kbps).
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ohhh, okay!

One iteration should be OK - the quality doesn't degrade that quickly.

If you're unsure, go ahead and import the current MP3 into Audacity, then rename that MP3 on your computer (to something like exodus_02_hebrewbible_128kb_oldversion.mp3). Edit and re-export the new version. Then play the two side by side. There shouldn't be any noticeable difference in quality.

It's after a few iterations that it really gets noticeable.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Great, thanks!
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay (again...). The new neighbors at the apartment next door had extensive rennovations, and there were 3 months of constant hammering, drilling and yelling noises so I couldn't record. Meanwhile, I've prepared more texts for further recording and I hope that in May (after Passover) I'll be able to post more recordings.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the update. :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Section 7 uploaded, Magic Window updated.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_07_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

D.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Section 8 uploaded, Magic Window updated.
Link to section 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_08_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

Also, after reviewing the chapters again, I think it's better to move chapter 40 to section 18 and delete the last section. Otherwise there would be a section with an "orphan" chapter (too short and out of context). I didn't know how to do that in the Magic Window, so I just added the last chapter to section 18 in the table and a note to section 19.

D.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thank you! I deleted the last section for you. (Only admins/MCs can delete sections - a safety feature, since it could be a problem if someone accidentally deletes a section.)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi,

Section 9 uploaded, Magic Window updated.
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/exodus_09_hebrewbible_128kb.mp3

D.