[COMPLETE] Fevers and Physicians in Space (Ed Reads Short Sci-fi, vol. II) - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Please just leave the file names etc as they are. I just want them consistent. The first post is set up as I wanted it - I'll add my name .

Anne
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec. 3,4 PL OK :thumbs:
Sec. 5, Ed, it looks like the editing was not finished. The first 30 min are great, then after about 30:50 frequent repetitions and long pauses start, too many to list. Please revisit...
Thank you!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec 6 @9:25 repeated: "I only service them," she said shortly.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec 7 @25:30 repeated: "yellow eyes"
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec 8,9 PL OK :thumbs:
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

New track uploaded and titles altered. I agree on author name in the track title. Annise, would you mind changing the others? I don't have access to the database.

What were the errors with the red tracks?

My recording schedule matches my podcast schedule. I post here, then post immediately on the channel (minus top and tail). This is why I can be precise as to my schedule. There is no rush for you to proof them, especially as the entire project will keep running to some time in late December, and even then, it won't matter what time it takes you. So don't worry about 'keeping up'. Theoretically, the podcast is promotional material for my career, which, theoretically, earns me money. Theoretical money. Which is why I have the time.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Ed, for updating the MW.
However the file names still should state "various", even though the section titles have real names.
Ligeti_Grieg wrote: October 17th, 2022, 9:56 am What were the errors with the red tracks?
Just scroll up, the feedback is right here.
...I post here, then post immediately on the channel (minus top and tail).
That's why you might want to see the feedback...
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.10 PL OK
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.11 PL OK
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Ah yes, don't know why I missed that.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.12 PL OK
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Annise,
I've just realised you're on vol. III too, and also just processed what you wrote here. Would you want 'various' on all tracks on both volumes, or would the tracks look better in the manner of the short sci-fi collections? It seems the former. If the latter, given that there are so many more in this volume than the other, I can download and reupload the file with the name changed.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Hmm, 'Doctor' was uploaded to the podcast unfinished too. I must have misread the fact that the file was one large block. I left it as a block because it needs to be re-recorded. The microphone whine is because the microphone is tired and needed a break, and I hadn't given it one.

It was just a portion. I got it. The mike goes in and out, and I finished the end bit, so it's just a few minutes in the middle that need a re-record. I assume you stopped at the 'break point' and didn't flick to the end, which works out, because I only think I finished the end.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

They will need to be various but I can change them later, so leave what is there are use various in future.
Collections like the SciFi one where a number of readers chose the text read are different of necessity.

Anne
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.13 filename should follow the convention as was discussed, otherwise it's OK.