[COMPLETE]Two On the Trail, by E.E. Cowper - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 2 uploaded, ready for PL...
Got a little surprise in this one for ya! :)
PS... I'm likin' this story a lot...love a strong female protagonist and the family dynamic of taking care and trusting each other!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hah, that surprised me for sure! I thought, "wait a minute, this isn't a DR!" The voice is still easy to understand, too.
I also like how you did Nell and David's conversation, interrupting each-other. :lol:

Chapter 2 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 3 uploaded, ready for PL.
Nell is one smart little cookie! 8-)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Yes, indeed. Her ability to think through the necessities, calculating exactly what they need to bring, and how to manage it, says she's already got a good bit of experience! I bet she's listened attentively whenever her father explains his own decisions, too.

Chapter 3 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 4 posted, ready for PL....
I think I'm finally dialing into a better sound. Let me know how you think the overall sound quality is on this...
Laur

Post by Laur »

Anne: Don't know if you need to know this...but just in case, I revised (updated) the summary to this story just a bit.
Thanks,
L
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 5 posted, and ready for PL :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Laur wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:44 pm Anne: Don't know if you need to know this...but just in case, I revised (updated) the summary to this story just a bit.
Thanks,
L
Yes, I do, and thank you for letting me know! It's OK if you change it again, just let me know and I will copy/paste it where it needs to go!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Nell's list of skills just got longer! She speaks Chippewa and knows enough of their culture to avoid insults, and she's also very insightful:
"But they'll make a good try, because when people begin on a nasty job they get kind of involved and have to go on."
David's also starting to grow on me, as we see a little more of his personality. But Nell's definitely the star!

Regarding the sound, I agree it's getting better. Chapter 3 sounded normal at the time, but going back to it after hearing 4, there's a slight impression of listening through a tube. Only slight, but that's the best I can do to describe the difference. In 4 and 5 I can hear a wider range of sound, which sounds more natural to me.

Chapter 4 is, off the bat, PL OK! :thumbs:

Chapter 5, just one note:
@7:52, repeat of "Best thing is not to begin"
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 5 fixed, ready for Spot PL
Laur

Post by Laur »

redrun wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:56 pm
Regarding the sound, I agree it's getting better. Chapter 3 sounded normal at the time, but going back to it after hearing 4, there's a slight impression of listening through a tube. Only slight, but that's the best I can do to describe the difference. In 4 and 5 I can hear a wider range of sound, which sounds more natural to me.
Thanks for your observation on this. Much appreciated.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Laur wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:09 pm Chapter 5 fixed, ready for Spot PL
And, PL OK! :thumbs:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 6 posted, ready for PL.
Snapped twigs and green eyeballs staring at you in the middle of the night...uhhh that could lead to a wet sleeping bag in some cases... just sayin'😱
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Yep, my great fear at this point is that Da wakes up in an... untimely and less than silent fashion. But I'm sure that won't happen... :help:

Two optional fixes for you:
@8:39, "horrified -gaze-", I hear "glaze",
@8:30, "utter -malevolence-", I hear something else. Must be that other dialect again. :wink:
Laur

Post by Laur »

redrun wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 7:41 pm Yep, my great fear at this point is that Da wakes up in an... untimely and less than silent fashion. But I'm sure that won't happen... :help:

Two optional fixes for you:
@8:39, "horrified -gaze-", I hear "glaze",
@8:30, " :wink:
RE: “utter -malevolence-", I hear something else. Must be that other dialect again.”….redrun, ummm that’s me whispering in your ear the Canadian dialect of the word …. :lol:
Okey-doke…I’ll get these fixed 😉