pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 2 is pl ok. :)
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

pattymarie wrote: September 21st, 2022, 1:41 pm Section 2 is pl ok. :)
Oh, sorry, Pamela. I posted that in the wrong project.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I’m sorry, too.

There is a reason I accepted your Section 2 PL OK, but it isn’t important.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

Section 19 is up:

11:00

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lancasterandyork_19_gairdner_128kb.mp3

The assassination of John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy.

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I'm sorry I've been very busy and just seen section 19. I'll get to it over the weekend.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

No rush, pattymarie.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

Section 20 is up:

09:01

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lancasterandyork_20_gairdner_128kb.mp3

The death of Henry V.

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 19 and 20 are pl ok. Btw, did you know that the Black Prince has been exonerated of the Limoges massacres? I learned of it by chance on the way home from a trip to England in 2017 when a British Airlines pilot gave me his copy of that day's edition of The Times, and there it was on page 2. But since The Times requires a paid subscription for you to see even one article of it ever, here it is from The Daily Mail with a lot more illustrations, quite beautiful ones https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4776944/English-prince-exonerated-massacre-637-years-ago.html .
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I did not know!

Thank you, pattymarie!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I was delighted to learn it because I'd rather liked that Prince Edward otherwise. To think how different England's history might have been, not necessarily better or worse, just different if he had lived and succeeded his father on the throne. Probably Bolingbroke would never have become Henry IV, perhaps no wars of the roses, no Tudors on the throne. I wonder how he would have responded to the Peasants' Revolt in which his son did show courage and perhaps some sincere sympathy for the people before he declined into unwise rule.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Yes, I agree entirely.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Dear pattymarie,

Sadly, I will have to step away from recording until I can work out some bad ergonomic issues. I will probably convert to a standing set-up.

Thank you for your patience and your help,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Take your time and work things out. Your health and well being are more important than the speed of getting this done. Since I moved from recording at the computer, which was awful, to using a hand held recorder, which I put on a bookshelf or top of a chest of drawers near if not exactly level with my face, I've done all my recording standing. It's a bit hard for long files; I'd have to do them in two sessions and paste them together, but for short files, it works. Rooting for your success. :)
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi pattymarie,

The standing set-up was easier to arrange than I anticipated.

Section 21 is up:

21:40

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lancasterandyork_21_gairdner_128.mp3

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson