The Corner House Girls by Grace Brooks Hill - philc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Hi Larry,

I'm about to start recording again, i've been a busy gal.....

Best wishes
Leanne
"We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too". Anon

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMOxH0ij6Iwwl3uHE9VucRw/featured
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Hi Larry,

Chapter 9 (The Vanishing Kittens) has been uploaded and is ready for PL please

Many thanks,

Kind regards
Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Fortunecookie wrote: September 29th, 2022, 11:43 pm Hi Larry,

Many thanks,

Kind regards
Leanne
I'm behind on my PL work during our travels, but I'm looking forward to another chapter!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Safe travels Larry :)

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Fortunecookie wrote: September 29th, 2022, 11:43 pm Hi Larry,

Many thanks,

Kind regards
Leanne
PL OK
~ Larry
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Thanks Larry

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Hi Larry,

Just to let you know I'm still live and well, lol. Apologies. Totally swept up in a million things. I recorded a chapter more than a month ago, just not had time to edit and upload. Been a bit crazy my side.

Anyhow I'm hoping to have some free time to continue as I'm missing it so much. Work has been extremely busy, with 10 or 11 hour days the norm. And then I faced possible retrenchment, now that's hopefully over. I have to continue working although I'm 64 now. So I have to just keep up and face the challenges. Anyhow grateful to have a job, and extremely grateful for my health and energy.

Hope you and your family are well.

Kind regards
Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Good to hear from you!
Sounds like truly busy days, for sure. No apologies necessary. Your solo, so take it at your own pace. I will be here.

I was able to retire -- again, and for the last time I hope. Soon to be 76 and enjoying our motorhome travels. 6,000 miles from east to west coast in zig-zag fashion to visit friends along the way, including Canada. Finishing our 6-week stay in Oregon with my younger brother before heading to southern California to spend the winter with our younger daughter where it is warmer. And, we'll keep going as long as we are able.

Take care, and have a blessed holiday season!
~ Larry
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Hi Larry,

Chapter 10 - Ruth Sees Something is uploaded for checking please.

Many thanks,

Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Fortunecookie wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:22 am Hi Larry,

Chapter 10 - Ruth Sees Something is uploaded for checking please.

Many thanks,

Leanne
PL OK!
~ Larry
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

HI Larry,

I went back to work on Tuesday, and as we have my 95 year old father with us, things have been so busy. He turns 96 next Saturday. He lives in a retirement home in another city, but twice a year we go and fetch him and he spends a few weeks (usually 2 months) with us. However he is becoming quite frail, and we are needing to do absolutely everything for him when he is here. So we are trying to find a retirement place for him here in our city, hope we are successful.

I am trying to keep up with recording inbetween. I actually managed to record a fair amount just before Christmas, it is the checking that I am trying to find time for. Anyhow, I will get there. Also not sure whether I should just finish one book, or continue to juggle both books.

All the best,

Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

So good to hear from you, Leanne!

I know caring for an aging parent is both a blessing and a burden.
I have two daughters who I hope will take care of me. But, I turn just 76 today, and am in relatively good health. Trying to decide on hiking, bowling, or miniature golfing today. Definitely some swimming with the grandkids. :)

Don't worry at all about recording/editing at a slower pace. I just got four chapters from a reader who hadn't sent anything for about eight months! But, then his screen name is plodmore, and I've worked with him before :lol:

And, entirely your preference for working on the two books! You can continue going back and forth, or if you want to finish one of them first and concentrate there, that is all fine as well.

Wishing you all the best in 2023! :9:
~ Larry
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Hehe re plodmore, that's so funny :)

Thanks, Larry, I too will plod along. Absolutely true what you say about taking care of an elderly parent, it is quite mixed, mostly a blessing, but also a worry and huge responsibility.

Enjoy everything, especially swimming with the grandchildren, you are making precious memories.

I am 64, turning 65 in October. My company (Engineers, who I have been with for 10 years) have offered me a voluntary severance payout, but then to continue working for them as an independent consultant, which I am considering. When I turn 65 in October, they would have retired me anything (without a severance payout). As an independent consultant, then I can take on work for other clients, and as I need to continue to work for as long as I can, is what I am probably going to do. My husband retired a bit early at age 63 from the bank, I probably told you that he was attacked by an intruder (stabbed in the face) while we were on holiday in 2015, which was a bit of a setback. He has recovered and receives a decent pension, but it is not enough to support the whole household, as our adult son also lives with us. He suffers from depression, and tries to do freelance graphic design work, but it is few and far between. I pay for all the living costs, groceries, levies, electricity, rates and taxes etc, so it will be catastrophic when I no longer have an income. I have a very small pension which will be a help, but it's certainly not much. Anyhow, by God's grace, I can continue for as long as I can. I also am a registered tax practitioner, so have my own small tax client base, and I run a payroll for a professional firm of Architects (from whom I rent an office, which came about when my engineering firm closed the branch office in the city where I live, but they kept me on, that was in 2018, so it is a miracle I am still on their payroll).

Anyhow, must dash!

Nice to catch up,

Take care

Leanne

Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Dear Larry,

Just to let you know that I am still alive and well and living in South Africa. I've just not had time for audiobooks this year what with one thing and another, looking after my elderly father in law, then we had a wedding out of town which took out a week, then after that I got covid, also lots of work challenges, and so it goes!

I have quite a few chapters recorded, I just have to get back into the routine, and make the time, to edit them and send them through.

Hope you and your family are all well,

Kind regards
Leanne

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, so good to hear from you, Leanne!

I knew you had a busy time at work, and now with the other things . . . I quite understand.

We had a visit from our daughter in New Hampshire with her three children. So we had both daughters together and all six grandkids! It was chaotic at times, but so good to be together for a week. She came to get some California sun, and she got rain, hail and even some snow! We have had strange weather. California needed rain, but not so much in so short a time.

I got some sort of cough/respiratory think a couple of weeks ago that sidelined me for awhile, a very rare thing for me. But, recovered just in time last week to go to Mexico with a team from our church to put up two houses in Ensenada in Baja California. We drove down on Friday, erected the house we had prebuilt on Saturday, and came back on Sunday. Hard work, but worth it to see the tears and smiles on the faces of two families!

My wife has had to postpone here knee surgery, so our plans are a bit up in the air, but we still plan to be back in New Hampshire in June to spend the summer. We just have to stay flexible as things develop.

I look forward to hearing your voice again!

All the best,
~ Larry