[COMPLETE] YOU SHOULD WORRY Says John Henry, by George V. Hobart - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Laur

Post by Laur »

Hello!
Chapters 5-6 are ready for PL now.

Note: I was a little surprised to see that Chapters 5-10 sound a little familiar as I looked them over. In Chapter 5, it started out differently for the 1st half of the material, then slowly, (after more than 1/2 way through...it started to sound familiar.) I had a "hey wait a minute moment...is this right??" Come to find out that some of the material I was recording, I read before in the last book with some slight variations to the story with a scene or a name change. As I investigated further, it seems like the last 5 chapters of this book, is material borrowed and/or slightly amended from other material he wrote previously in earlier books.

So if it sounds like ... hey wait a minute, I heard this before, it's because most likely you have when you DPL'd the previous book. However, all recording will still be fresh, and my goal will be to improve my expression(s), (and maybe put a different spin on them) if I can.

Should I record another John Henry book in the future, I will do my best to avoid any duplicate material.
Laur

Post by Laur »

Laur wrote: August 14th, 2022, 6:07 pm Hello!

Note: I was a little surprised to see that some Chapters from 5-10 sound a little familiar as I looked them over. In Chapter 5, it started out differently for the 1st half of the material, then slowly, (after more than 1/2 way through...it started to sound familiar.) I had a "hey wait a minute moment...is this right??" Come to find out that some of the material I was recording, I read before in the last book with some slight variations to the story with a scene or a name change. As I investigated further, it seems like a few chapters in the later part of the book, may be material borrowed and/or slightly amended from other material he wrote previously in earlier books.

So if it sounds like ... hey wait a minute, I heard this before, it's because most likely you have when you DPL'd the previous book. However, all recording will still be fresh, and my goal will be to improve my expression(s), (and maybe put a different spin on them) if I can.

Should I record another John Henry book in the future, I will do my best to avoid any duplicate material.
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 7 ready for PL. I am delighted to note that I haven't heard any of this material before. Mr John Henry is back in fine LOL :lol: funny form on this one!!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Note: I was a little surprised to see that Chapters 5-10 sound a little familiar as I looked them over. In Chapter 5, it started out differently for the 1st half of the material, then slowly, (after more than 1/2 way through...it started to sound familiar.) I had a "hey wait a minute moment...is this right??" Come to find out that some of the material I was recording, I read before in the last book with some slight variations to the story with a scene or a name change. As I investigated further, it seems like the last 5 chapters of this book, is material borrowed and/or slightly amended from other material he wrote previously in earlier books.

:lol: I have had similar situations occur in so many different incidents in my own life. I don't know that there is much you can do though. When you are doing a work from someone, there is sometimes overlap and repeat material. All you can do is explain that it is actually duplicated, and that is fine. The idea is to get the work uploaded for others, in my opinion, not to make you become some kind of editor as well... Beside, what if the listener has not listened to the other work and not they are missing out on some really good stuff!

Thanks for the heads up though. I consider myself lucky to hear things twice. An opportunity that I do not often have. So Thank You! :9:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Laur

Post by Laur »

afutterer wrote: August 15th, 2022, 7:02 am

:lol: I have had similar situations occur in so many different incidents in my own life. I don't know that there is much you can do though. When you are doing a work from someone, there is sometimes overlap and repeat material. All you can do is explain that it is actually duplicated, and that is fine. The idea is to get the work uploaded for others, in my opinion, not to make you become some kind of editor as well... Beside, what if the listener has not listened to the other work and not they are missing out on some really good stuff!

Thanks for the heads up though. I consider myself lucky to hear things twice. An opportunity that I do not often have. So Thank You! :9:
Anthony, you are a TRUE GEM!! Thank you for your comments and insight! :9: :clap:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Comin' in hot 🔥 ooh oow ooh :lol:
Chapters 7-9 up ready to PL; 1 more to go!!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 5-6

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Laur

Post by Laur »

And Chapter 10 is completed and ready for PL :clap:

It has been my ABSOLUTE PLEASURE and JOY to work with such fine professionals here at LibriVox, Ann and Anthony, thank you for your part, participation, and laughter in this project... these John Henry's are too much fun.

So, I leave you both this parting gift of a BLOOPER. (Here in chapter 10 before the edits and voice change to John.... see what I have to go through?? (It took me another 2 lines to get the laugh out of my voice).

Here's the setup: Everyone at the Musicale thinks they have a "God-given" voice so to speak, and try it out on the audience. Here's just a tiny snippet of that Blooper I made just for ya'll:

"Almost before the audience had time to recover Peaches' sister, Jennie, was coaxed to sing Tosti's "Good Bye!". I'm very fond of sister Jennie, but afraid if Mr. Tosti ever heard her sing his "Good Bye" he would say, "the same to you, and here's your hat."

https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/johnhenryblooper_laur.mp3
Laur

Post by Laur »

... and Summary for the book has just been completed. :thumbs:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Laur wrote: August 15th, 2022, 6:51 pm ... and Summary for the book has just been completed. :thumbs:

Summary is now pasted into the spot it needs to be pasted into! Thanks Laurie!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Laur wrote: August 15th, 2022, 4:23 pm And Chapter 10 is completed and ready for PL :clap:

It has been my ABSOLUTE PLEASURE and JOY to work with such fine professionals here at LibriVox, Ann and Anthony, thank you for your part, participation, and laughter in this project... these John Henry's are too much fun.

So, I leave you both this parting gift of a BLOOPER. (Here in chapter 10 before the edits and voice change to John.... see what I have to go through?? (It took me another 2 lines to get the laugh out of my voice).

Here's the setup: Everyone at the Musicale thinks they have a "God-given" voice so to speak, and try it out on the audience. Here's just a tiny snippet of that Blooper I made just for ya'll:

"Almost before the audience had time to recover Peaches' sister, Jennie, was coaxed to sing Tosti's "Good Bye!". I'm very fond of sister Jennie, but afraid if Mr. Tosti ever heard her sing his "Good Bye" he would say, "the same to you, and here's your hat."

https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/johnhenryblooper_laur.mp3
Fantastic! I love it!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

ALL SECTIONS PL OK

Great work and another one for the library! Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. This was a true pleasure. Please reach out if you do more fun stuff like this! I would love the opportunity to join up again.
Anthony

Laur

Post by Laur »

Another one in the works…PLEASE, I’d love to work with ya’ll again.
Already posted in Launch Pad: SKIDDOO

SKIDDOO will be my last John Henry work.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Great! Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Laur wrote: August 16th, 2022, 7:46 am Another one in the works…PLEASE, I’d love to work with ya’ll again.
Already posted in Launch Pad: SKIDDOO

SKIDDOO will be my last John Henry work.
You know I will be there!
Anthony