COMPLETE The Vedanta-Sutras with the Commentary by Sankaracarya Sacred Books of the East, Volume 1 - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
deadvirgo

Post by deadvirgo »

Kazbek wrote: August 7th, 2022, 10:43 am Jeff, please note the filename format in first post. I had shortened it, because the automatically generated one was too long. I put a reminder for myself in the Notes to rename the already uploaded files during cataloging.

Michael
Noted. I will rename my saved local files to match. Do you want me to reupload 1-5 with the new filenames or just to proceed with the new naming conventions from section 6 on?
deadvirgo

Post by deadvirgo »

I just fixed it. I already went through the renaming process on my end, so it didn't make sense to have a second person do the same task. I removed your "filename" notes, too, since we should be good now.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ok, thanks.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 1 is PL Ok!
Thanks!
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 2 is PL Ok!
Thanks!
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 3 is PL Ok!
Thanks!
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 4 is PL Ok!
Thanks!
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sections 5 and 6 are PL Ok!
Thanks!
Christine
deadvirgo

Post by deadvirgo »

The translator's introduction in its entirety is up at last. I finally get to start recording the actual text of the book. :lol:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 7, just one note:5:57 remove repeat of "on the ground of the denial supp"
I am in awe of your pronunciations, a true scholar. I think the lengthy intro is going to be helpful to me in understanding this.
Best,
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 8: just one note:
5:53 remove repeat of "I need only remind the reader of the current um"
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 9 is PL Ok!
Christine
deadvirgo

Post by deadvirgo »

brownrottger wrote: August 17th, 2022, 5:53 am Section 7, just one note:5:57 remove repeat of "on the ground of the denial supp"
I am in awe of your pronunciations, a true scholar. I think the lengthy intro is going to be helpful to me in understanding this.
Best,
Christine
brownrottger wrote: August 17th, 2022, 8:25 am Section 8: just one note:
Christine
Hi Christine,

Thank you very much. My pronunciation is certainly not perfect. I have some familiarity with Sanskrit and Hindi, but mostly second-hand. Many of the terms used in this book I have heard before, luckily, but those which are unfamiliar tend to be tried out several times and in several ways before I decide how I think I should pronounce it for the recording. I'm glad it's not coming across as an obstacle. I have edited sections 7 and 8 per your notes and marked them "Ready for Spot PL".
Thanks again,
Jeff
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

deadvirgo wrote: August 17th, 2022, 10:44 am
brownrottger wrote: August 17th, 2022, 5:53 am Section 7, just one note:5:57 remove repeat of "on the ground of the denial supp"
Best,
Christine
brownrottger wrote: August 17th, 2022, 8:25 am Section 8: just one note:
Christine
Hi Christine,

Thank you very much. My pronunciation is certainly not perfect. I have some familiarity with Sanskrit and Hindi, but mostly second-hand. Many of the terms used in this book I have heard before, luckily, but those which are unfamiliar tend to be tried out several times and in several ways before I decide how I think I should pronounce it for the recording. I'm glad it's not coming across as an obstacle. I have edited sections 7 and 8 per your notes and marked them "Ready for Spot PL".
Thanks again,
Jeff
Hey Jeff, You are entirely welcome! I am a very constant yogini of bhakti yoga. I am really enjoying listening to this. It struck me that these commentaries of the Sutras were created similarly to the Bible. Maybe an uneducated, novice observation; but, there you go.
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Both Section 7 and 8 are PL Ok!
Christine