[SOLO] История государства Российского. Избранные главы: состояние России by Карамзин - kaz

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

История государства Российского. Избранные главы: состояние России by Николай Михайлович Карамзин (1766 - 1826).

Аудиокнига включает в себя пять глав из монументального труда Карамзина, посвященных описанию "состояния России". В них автор прерывает свое подробное описание политических событий и обсуждает в более общих чертах особенности политики, общества, экономики, и культуры каждой эпохи.

Том I, Глава X. О состоянии древней России.
Том III, Глава VII. Состояние России с XI до XIII века
Том V, Глава IV. Состояние России от нашествия татар до Иоанна III
Том VII, Глава IV. Состояние России. Годы 1462—1533
Том X, Глава IV. Состояние России в конце XVI века

This audiobook contains the five chapters from Nikolay Karamzin's monumental History of the Russian State in which the author sets aside his detailed account of political events and discusses broader political, social, economic and cultural characteristics of the era covered in the preceding chapters. (Summary by Kazbek)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!):
    https://books.google.com/books?id=QAlJAQAAMAAJ
    https://books.google.com/books?id=MVoXAAAAYAAJ
    https://books.google.com/books?id=AhBJAQAAMAAJ
    https://books.google.com/books?id=WD2bVRMJmXgC
    https://books.google.com/books?id=klwC8Ya-o3AC
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
    =========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/History/Middle Ages/Middle History; *Non-fiction/History/Early Modern

Keywords that describe the book: Аудиокнига, Николай Михайлович Карамзин, История России, Русская история, Российская история

============================================
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "История государства Российского. Избранные главы. Раздел [такой-то]. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок, а также для участия в проекте, пожалуйста, посетите сайт librivox ТОЧКА org"
      "Николай Михайлович Карамзин. История государства Российского. Том, глава, текст."

4. For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "История государства Российского. Избранные главы. Раздел [такой-то]. Эта запись для проекта ЛибриВокс является общественным достоянием. "
      END of recording:
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "Конец [номер] раздела"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "Конец аудиокниги История государства Российского. Избранные главы: состояние России. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
    • Example filename sostoyanie_##_karamzin_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. sostoyanie_01_karamzin_128kb.mp3)
    • Transfer of files (completed recordings)
      Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kazbek
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    • Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Kazbek on December 25th, 2020, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I've changed the author's name to its native Cyrillic form. I think for authors whose recordings we expect to be primarily in Russian should have the Cyrillic version of the name in their main catalog entry. Otherwise, the Cyrillic name is not exported to the Archive, and the recording is hard to find via search engines. We can have a Latinized alias page for him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Karamzin

Michael
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Michael,

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

On the author, I don't fully understand how our system works, so I'll check with the other admins. But I think that each author has one record in our catalog, which has all of the variants associated with it.

To get the author in Archive in cyrillic, I think I need to enter that manually in the item's metadata fields at Archive during cataloging. I am happy to do that .... but I'll need you to check that I have it correct when finished.

And just so I understand, you have picked a couple of chapters to read from a much larger, multi volume work, right? Are all the chapters by the same author?

MaryAnn
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you, MaryAnn! Great to be working with you again!

Yes, this will include five chapters, about 130 pages total, from a 12-volume work by a single author. I'll be happy to check the author's name. Do you mean that it's possible to have the main catalog entry associated with the Latinized form of a name, but still have the Cyrillic name exported to the Archive through the use of metadata? That would work too.

Last name: Карамзин
First names: Николай Михайлович

Michael
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I think the LV catalog entry is what is exported to Archive automatically. One of the admins has worked on a number of Hebrew projects, and I'm not sure how the authors names were handled in those projects, but that might be a good model to follow, so I've asked. I was thinking I would manually edit the Archive page to add the Cyrillic.

MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

I'd be happy to DPL, if Misha does not mind! Thank you for the alert!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you, Mark! Great to have you on board!

Michael
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Mark. I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Slow start to the project, but section 1 is ready for PL.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Kazbek wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:53 pm Slow start to the project, but section 1 is ready for PL.
All righty! I was going to start worrying :-)
@1:05 ВОлогда, but вологОдский. https://где-ударение.рф/%D0%B2-%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9/
@30:00 "Но основание городов" (p.196), I hear "образование городов"
Thank you for the pleasure!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

chulsky wrote: March 12th, 2021, 6:05 am
Kazbek wrote: March 7th, 2021, 5:53 pm Slow start to the project, but section 1 is ready for PL.
All righty! I was going to start worrying :-)
@1:05 ВОлогда, but вологОдский. https://где-ударение.рф/%D0%B2-%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9/
@30:00 "Но основание городов" (p.196), I hear "образование городов"
Thank you for the pleasure!
So, this project isn't happening. I'll include this chapter in the multilingual collection, if you could do spot PL.

1:02 вологОдский
29:57 "Но основание городов"
I've also changed the intro and outro to match the format of that collection:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=92080

Misha
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Kazbek wrote: April 24th, 2022, 2:10 pm I'll include this chapter in the multilingual collection, if you could do spot PL.
I've also changed the intro and outro to match the format of that collection:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=92080

Misha
Sorry, Misha, I missed this.
PL OK, and please let me know when you post it at the new location, I'd be happy to make it PL OK there too.
And don't hesitate to ping me if I am in arrears :)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

chulsky wrote: July 6th, 2022, 9:18 am Sorry, Misha, I missed this.
PL OK, and please let me know when you post it at the new location, I'd be happy to make it PL OK there too.
And don't hesitate to ping me if I am in arrears :)
Thank you, Mark. No worries. I think I may finish the second chapter before closing this off. I had already recorded most of it.