[COMPLETE] The Curlytops on Star Island by Howard R. Garis - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Laur

Post by Laur »

The Curlytops on Star Island, by Howard R. Garis (1873 - 1962)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-curlytops-on-star-island-by-howard-r-garis/

Volunteers outside the USA: Howard R. Garis died in 1962. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
A fun-loving and sometimes mischievous young brother (Ted) and sister (Jan), (known as the Curlytops because of the headful of curls they have) are about to have some fun, and quite an amazing adventure camping out with Grandpa. (Summary by Laurie Banza)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25477

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: YFzbsZdu
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_R._Garis (Howard R. Garis)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1918
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure

Keywords that describe the book: children, brother and sister, camping, grandparents, grandpa

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of The Curlytops on Star Island. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Curlytops on Star Island, by Howard R. Garis. Chapter Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter# of The Curlytops on Star Island, by Howard R. Garis. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain.""Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter) #."

If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Curlytops on Star Island, by Howard R. Garis."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename:curlytopsstarisland_##_garis_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. curlytopsstarisland_01_garis_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Laur on June 25th, 2022, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can MC this one for you, Laurie! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready for you! We will wait here a day or two to see if we can pick up a DPL.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Laur

Post by Laur »

icequeen wrote: June 25th, 2022, 2:39 pm I can MC this one for you, Laurie! Back in a moment with your MW!
Thank you Ann.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Laur

Post by Laur »

icequeen wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:00 pm Moving on to Going Solo!
Thanks Ann. Hopefully a PL/DPL will show still show up.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Someone should soon. Feel free to upload and post the chapters that you have recorded. Sometimes with newer soloists, DPL's will hang back and watch to see how quickly you work. If we get to the half way point, and no one has jumped on board, we can advertise.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Laur

Post by Laur »

icequeen wrote: June 27th, 2022, 12:01 pm Someone should soon. Feel free to upload and post the chapters that you have recorded. Sometimes with newer soloists, DPL's will hang back and watch to see how quickly you work. If we get to the half way point, and no one has jumped on board, we can advertise.
Yes, thank you. :thumbs: (This is a great children's book).
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 1 and 2 ready for PL and posted. My other recording project is done now, so this should move on more quickly now. :D
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Laur wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:26 pm Chapters 1 and 2 ready for PL and posted. My other recording project is done now, so this should move on more quickly now. :D
Perfect! Sounds good!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 3 posted and ready for PL
harithaha121

Post by harithaha121 »

I'd be willing to proof listen sections 1-4! If it's alright with you, I have the time to take on a DPL role? Please let me know if that works. Thanks so much for your consideration!! :D
Laur

Post by Laur »

Yes, thank you, I accept - that would be great. Please keep in mind that this is a Standard PL project, so not strict word by word accuracy is necessary ok? Have fun! This is a fun children's story! Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks again. :clap:
Laur
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 4 and 5 up ready for PL. (Man! That little boy, "Trouble", is a pistol!!!) lol :lol:
Laur

Post by Laur »

harithaha121 wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 11:23 pm I'd be willing to proof listen sections 1-4! If it's alright with you, I have the time to take on a DPL role? Please let me know if that works. Thanks so much for your consideration!! :D
Our MC should be around to add you to the project soon. You may have already done this, but if not, please read the guide for proof-listeners (if this is your 1st PL project, especially Standard PL for this project.) You can find the guide here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners Welcome aboard!!