[Complete] Daddy Takes Us To The Garden by Howard R. Garis - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Laur

Post by Laur »

Daddy Takes Us To The Garden, by Howard R. Garis (1873 - 1962)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/daddy-takes-us-to-the-garden-by-howard-r-garis/

Volunteers outside the USA: Howard R. Garis died in 1962. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
The stories tell of a little boy and girl who go to various places with their dear Daddy. Each book contains something of value regarding nature lore, outdoor sports and animal life. (Summary by HOWARD R. GARIS)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14859

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter" # of Daddy Takes Us To The Garden. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Daddy Takes Us To The Garden, by Howard R. Garis. Chapter Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter" # of Daddy Takes Us To The Garden, by Howard R. Garis. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." "Chapter Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter" #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Daddy Takes Us To The Garden, by Howard R. Garis."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: daddygarden_##_garis_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. daddygarden_01_garis_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: m8b1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Looking for a DPL?

Lomond
Laur

Post by Laur »

lomond wrote: June 19th, 2022, 5:08 pm Greetings -

Looking for a DPL?

Lomond
Yes, thank you Lomond. It’s yours! :thumbs: :9:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I'll MC this for you. The MW is all set.

Have fun! Moving over to Going Solo!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Laur

Post by Laur »

Thank you Maria! :thumbs:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 1 and 2 are up - ready for PL
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 3 and 4 uploaded, ready for PL
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapter 5 ready for PL
Laur

Post by Laur »

Chapters 6 and 7 ready for PL
Laur

Post by Laur »

Actively looking for an experienced MALE narrator for Chapter 12. Please respond here in forum, or PM me if interested.
Laur

Post by Laur »

9 uploaded. Ready for PL.

Chapter 8 was initially posted as PL ready, but needs to be re-recorded.
Last edited by Laur on June 29th, 2022, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

Laur wrote: June 27th, 2022, 2:39 pm Actively looking for an experienced MALE narrator for Chapter 12. Please respond here in forum, or PM me if interested.
Laur - Per our P.M. - Could I volunteer to take Chapter 12 for you?

Thanks!
*** Doug
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
Laur

Post by Laur »

Doug42 wrote: June 28th, 2022, 7:50 am
Laur wrote: June 27th, 2022, 2:39 pm Actively looking for an experienced MALE narrator for Chapter 12. Please respond here in forum, or PM me if interested.
Laur - Per our P.M. - Could I volunteer to take Chapter 12 for you?

Thanks!
*** Doug
I would be most honored! Thanks so much! Bring this home for us!
lomond

Post by lomond »

Laur wrote: June 24th, 2022, 5:52 pm Chapters 3 and 4 uploaded, ready for PL
Greetings -

We are off to a good start with the first four chapters of this informative and fun book. Definitely PL OK.

Nicely read with a good use of different voices for the different family members.

It brought back memories of when my daughter was four years old and I pulled a carrot out of our garden, wiped it off, and ate it. The look of astonishment on her face was a joy to behold. :D :D

More to come.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Three more chapters (5, 6, and 7) have been awarded the prestigious title of PL OK.

They are all easy to listen to.

My first job in the garden when I was nine was picking the potato bugs off the leaves. I think it made me feel important to be doing it.

The sandman is making his presence known and a large padded horizontal surface beckons from the bedroom, so I will get to the other three chapters later today.

Lomond