COMPLETE: - Cape Cod by Henry David Thoreau - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

18 and 19 ready.
Headed out of town for a few days so will probably have a couple more in another week.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PhyllisV wrote: May 6th, 2022, 12:06 pm 18 and 19 ready.
Headed out of town for a few days so will probably have a couple more in another week.
Both are PL OK
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

20 and 21 now ready. 2 more to go.

I'm thinking of doing Excursions by Thoreau next - I really enjoyed this book and his writing, and Excursions is a series of snippets from his books.
Larry and Jo, are you both along for the ride? It will probably take me a while to complete it as summer is getting super busy.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Sure. Count me in. :)
Jo
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sure. Summer busy time is here! Going up north for a few days this week and we have some other trips planned.
But guess where I was yesterday????

Yep, the Cape! We went down to attend a memorial service for a friend who was in the church during the time we were there. A lot of the people we hadn't seen in twenty years or so! So that part was really great - reconnecting with friends.

Unfortunately, Sundae School Ice Cream wasn'r open yet. Same for a lot of places waiting for Memorial Day. But we did dip our toes in the sand and water on one of the Dennis beaches, and stopped for a bowl of chowder! Guess Mildred's is long gone. The flowering trees were in glorious bloom!

All in all, it was a very good day!
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Final sections - 22 and 23 now ready.
Ahhh, the Cape. I think every season has something wonderful to offer. Glad you had a chance to stick your toes in that wonderful ocean. I don't know if the Sundae School has only 1 location, but we've gone to the one in Orleans and found out last year that the name had been changed, but the ice cream is still home made and just as delicious. You'll need to find an excuse to get back there after Memorial Day!
We are renting a house once again in Wellfleet - the descriptions Thoreau writes of still pertain to a large extent. And he's so right about being able to see both the bay and the ocean. There's a small hill at Marconi Beach where you can stand and see both. It's such a magical place. We'll be there for a month in September and can't wait!

I have submitted the errata that I found to Gutenberg; mainly it was punctuation. Perhaps later today I will start the process and create the template for the next book by Thoreau. I'm so glad I can read more of him; I think I read Walden ages ago (probably required in high school, so many, many years ago). Happy to have the opportunity to read and share his writings.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 20 is PL OK
Didn't have as much listening time as I thought I'd have on our trip, but it was a great family time! RV works great and we had wonderful weather.

I didn't know, or had forgotten, that Sundae School had another location since we were in Dennis. I seem to remember a wonderful cherry sundae, and my wife raves about the hot fudge. :) Quaintness, of course!

Your Cape plans for September sound great! I'd swing down to see you, but we'll be taking in the sites of Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone by then. :D

I'll get this finished up real soon.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

21 is PL OK.
Thought I'd get the others today, but instead sat on our swing with my wife and baby grand daughter and watched the frogs and turtle in our pond. :wink:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

There we go - the last two sections are PL OK!

What an enjoyable journey it has been, to see this unique piece of God's creation through Thoreau's eyes -- and your impeccable reading!
~ Larry
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Thanks Larry!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Phyllis on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/cape-cod-by-henry-david-thoreau/
Jo
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Looks great Jo, thanks much!