Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Great stuff! Thanks Krista.

Howard
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

See what happens when I do house stuff all day? Fun stuff happens!

OK, you got into the MW, great! The one big thing tackled!

As far as naming your sections, you can keep it simple by calling them, "Part 1," Part 2," etc. I use "Chapter 1," etc. if there are definite chapters.

As far as the blurb about the tigress, you can also use that as your summary. Then, you would not need to record it, and it gives you a great summary. Not that there's anything wrong with your summary, but the tigress thing is very exciting!

You don't need to do word counts, I use that as much as I can for group projects so that readers know ahead of time what they are getting into. Some soloists do, so that they know exactly how much they are reading. But, it is not needed for solos.

And, for section 0, if you forget that you need a section 0, let the MC know and they can create one. I think you can add sections as a BC, but there is one step that only MC's can do to get that section 0. It's super easy to do for us, so don't worry about bugging us about adding it. That's what we are here for, to do magical things!

I think I got everything, if I forgot anything, feel free to point it out. And, with that, we are off to Going Solo! (Yes, more magic!)
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Sections 1 & 2 are PL OK :thumbs:

Just a note on your introduction. Because this is a solo, you can use the shorter intro on chapters after the first one (that is optional - you can still use the full intro if you like). Let me know if you decide to change that and I'll spot PL the second chapter.
Krista
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Thank you Krista. I missed that notice in the MW about the intros thinking it was the same as a collaborative project. I will indeed use the shorter intro. Since the chapters have no titles I will proceed to read the text rather than repeat the chapter number. If this is incorrect please let me know.

I will post a correction for spot PL.

Howard :)
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the advice. I already recorded the blurb at the beginning of chapter one at Krista’s suggestion. That was a great idea though and I will keep it in mind for future projects.

As to the MW, as usual these things are not as complex as we assume once we get into them. I rather enjoyed the learning process. Another lesson in life we have to keep learning over and over.

Howard 8-)
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

sections 3 & 4 are PL OK, and the change to chapter 2 opening is also PL OK :thumbs:
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Chapters 5 & 6 are PL OK
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Hi Howard, I see you uploaded 4 chapters, and I'll get to PL on them hopefully today or tomorrow (my power's been out, so I'm a bit behind).

However, Checker tells me that chapter 10 is stereo, not mono. Can you have a look at that before I PL it?
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

sections 7 & 8 are PL OK :thumbs:

Section 9, just one small note
2:48 I hear "she got out, and went on, alone", text says "she got out, and he went on, alone"

Section 10, as mentioned above, seems to be Stereo, not mono. I'll wait for an update on that before I PL it.
Krista
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Hi Krista,

I will check these things out. I assume you got wiped out by the storm Saturday. If that’s the case sorry to hear. Hope all is well.

Howard
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

dustman33 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 8:19 am Hi Krista,

I will check these things out. I assume you got wiped out by the storm Saturday. If that’s the case sorry to hear. Hope all is well.

Howard
No power for 36 hours, but we're back now :) No damage at my place, fortunately.
Krista
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Glad to hear it. OK, chapters 9 & 10 have been updated. Feel free to review at your convenience.

Howard
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

dustman33 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 12:22 pm Glad to hear it. OK, chapters 9 & 10 have been updated. Feel free to review at your convenience.

Howard
Thanks. Chapter 9 is PL OK.
Next 3 chapters are in my queue for PL.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

dustman33 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 12:22 pm Glad to hear it. OK, chapters 9 & 10 have been updated. Feel free to review at your convenience.

Howard
Chapters 10-12 are PL OK :thumbs:
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

The plot thickens! Section 14 is PL OK :thumbs:

Just a couple of notes on the others.

Section 13:
6:55 - I hear "preferring a packet of cigarettes", text says "proffering a packet of cigarettes"

Section 15:
3:52 - I hear " out to his cottage, and there he ", text says " out to this cottage, and there he ". This might just be a blurring of the words, but it sounds like "his" to my ear, which is a little confusing in context.
Krista