[COMPLETE][SOLO] An Angler's Hours, by H.T. Sheringham - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Adrian wrote: May 8th, 2022, 9:01 amI've also edited the book description at the top of the page.
thank you for letting me know, I will update my database with it.

As for the fabled Thames salmon :lol: a very funny story, but the author should have been more assertive with Amaryllis. I really dislike people like her, who have a gentle way of bullying other people into compliance and getting them into trouble. :evil:

But the story was perfectly narrated and PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

haha, I like the ever optimistic ending sentence of this chapter. Another entertaining essay and I loved the description of the brooks. 8-) Well narrated again, Adrian, thank you.

Only one small cut to suggest:

> at 11:11: (p. 222) stumble and repeat: "in other parts, except on that one evening" – one "except" can get cut

and one chapter left, wow you were fast.

Sonia
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and PL ok now :)

Sonia
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Chapter 14 -- the last chapter!

38:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/anglershours_14_sheringham_128kb.mp3

Early on Sunday I've leaving for a week at a place (on the California coast) that has no internet or phone. So if you don't hear from me, that's why! If this chapter needs editing, I'll get to it later. If it's PL OK, then my sincere thanks for making this recording possible.

Best wishes,

Adrian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Adrian wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:10 amChapter 14 -- the last chapter!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/anglershours_14_sheringham_128kb.mp3
Early on Sunday I've leaving for a week at a place (on the California coast) that has no internet or phone. So if you don't hear from me, that's why! If this chapter needs editing, I'll get to it later. If it's PL OK, then my sincere thanks for making this recording possible.
I managed to listen to the last chapter before you are on your way and it's perfectly PL ok. :clap: So I am guessing your summary is as you want it and I can proceed straightaway to cataloguing. (though I cannot at this point remember him mentioning the tenkara method :hmm: ) You might enjoy the finished link before you leave, stay tuned.

And enjoy your holidays.

Sonia
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Thanks for PL-ing so fast! Yes, the summary is OK.

And you're right, he didn't mention tenkara by name but he did describe it. The method didn't catch on at the time and I don't remember seeing it used in the UK when I was young. But I'll leave it there -- you've probably had more fishing talk than you can stand over these last months.

Thanks again.

Adrian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and done !

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/anglers-hours-by-hugh-tempest-sheringham/

it was an interesting topic for me to listen, something that broadened my horizon, so thank you for that :)

Moving to Completed...

Sonia