[COMPLETE][SOLO]The Spring Song by Forrest Reid - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

chapter 16

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/springsong_16_reid_128kb.mp3

(17:20)

Warning, this chapter takes an unexpected *intense* turn. Since a large part of it is Mr. Bradley talking, I put my best into keeping his voice throughout. However, my representation of him is definitely an intense one and if in your opinion I need to tone it down for a more general audience I have no problem re-recording his lines to be more boring :lol: . I'll still have this take for myself =) I did keep an eyes on volume levels to keep ears from bleeding and did normalize sections of it so it didn't swing too wildly. Regardless, your opinion is appreciated -- as is all the work you've done guiding me through this.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I loved you speech for Bradley. I was expecting you screaming into my ears, but no, the volume is still moderate, no startling pitches, so all is well. Thank you for adjusting the volume jumps.

So now the question is: did Grif dream all this or is Bradley a lunatic, too early released from the asylum ? :hmm: He definitely made himself very suspicious here with his tale. I bet he was the man with the vampire shadow, probably a schizophrenic disorder. I wonder whether that was en vogue at the time the book was written ? If not, Grif's dream is the likelier theory.

Absolutely PL ok, highly enjoyed this chapter ! Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

You would make a good detective!

Some of what you suggest will be cleared up in future chapters =)

as for now,

seciton 17
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/springsong_17_reid_128kb.mp3

(12:51)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this was a wonderfully accurate description of a feverish nightmare, the author really knows how to hook the reader. Poor Grif. I hope he will survive the book. :?

Absolutely PL ok. You're making excellent progress here.

Thanks

Sonia
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Palmer will go investigating now. 8-) Looking forward to Bradley's secret.

Section 18 is PL ok

one small cut for Section 19 needed:

> at 7:14: (p. 243) repeat: "and Palmer..." – can be cut once

thanks

Sonia
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

The extra Palmer has been cut! thanks.

Chapter 19 re-uploaded and Chapter 20 added as well

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/springsong_19_reid_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/springsong_20_reid_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, both sections are PL ok. No further clues about Grif 's affliction, but I expect more light to be shed on the drama in the next chapter. 8-)

Thanks

Sonia
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

Chap 21

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/springsong_21_reid_128kb.mp3

This is the last chapter of any real length. Things will end quickly, though I hope you remember what I said about the author resisting conclusive answers. I love the psychology of Grif presented in this book but the ambiguous ending we are barreling toward is not everyone's cup of tea. Just a warning!

Looks like I'll finish up those last chapters within a week. I love the book but I've never been so sick of hearing my own voice! I'm sure that's normal. =)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MoonLylith wrote: February 4th, 2022, 12:09 amI hope you remember what I said about the author resisting conclusive answers. I love the psychology of Grif presented in this book but the ambiguous ending we are barreling toward is not everyone's cup of tea. Just a warning!
:? thanks for the warning, I actually did not remember this :lol: Awww I really prefer stories with a good conclusion, regardless what the author is coming up with. Just stopping in mid-way without answers somehow leaves the reader unsatisfied. Ah well, let's hope it's not too disappointing because up to know it's really a great story.

Only one small bit to edit:

> at the end: "End of Section 21" - you say "chapter"
I love the book but I've never been so sick of hearing my own voice! I'm sure that's normal. =)
I don't know, I didn't get tired of it so far. But maybe that's why many people prefer to join group projects instead of solos.

You're doing well, it was entertaining

Sonia
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I see what you mean...now Bradley is dead, maybe it will never become clear whether he really was a madman, though everything points towards it of course.

Both PL ok now.

Now looking forward to the concluding chapters. 8-)

(did you see my replies to your question in the help forum ?)

Sonia
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

Kitty wrote: February 7th, 2022, 5:22 am

(did you see my replies to your question in the help forum ?)

Sonia
I did, thank you so much! After I finish this up I'm looking forward to tackling Thomson. If you are still offering to do the foreign language excerpts, that would be amazing. Once The Spring Song is completely done, I'll start charting out sections and exactly where I'd need help.

Chapter 23 (17:03)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/springsong_23_reid_128kb.mp3

I've recorded chap 24 too but haven't edited. I think I may be procrastinating on leaving Grif behind. =)
MoonLylith

Post by MoonLylith »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MoonLylith wrote: February 7th, 2022, 5:35 amIf you are still offering to do the foreign language excerpts, that would be amazing. Once The Spring Song is completely done, I'll start charting out sections and exactly where I'd need help.
yes sure, just drop me a PM once you have everything planned out.

The last two chapters were again very interesting, but indeed...the ending sentence is too ambiguous...is Grif now dead or simply asleep ? I was expecting him to die for some reason, but once Nan told him about her boy and Grif was relieved, I got my hopes up for a happy ending again, and then this final sentence is crushing it all down again :( somehow a bit depressing. Ah well...it was still a great book and I enjoyed the ride.

Section 23 is PL ok but Section 24 is a little bit under our volume limit (less than 86 dB). Could you maybe amplify with about 3 or 4 dB to get close to the perfect average of 89 ? Nothing else needs changing.

Then please confirm if you want nothing changed in your summary blurb, so I can start cataloguing as soon as you have reuploaded :)

Sonia