Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Section 5 ready for PL
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

the children seem to take everything in their stride and they are always lucky :lol: a feel-good book.

Perfectly read again, only one small bit at the outro:

> at 10:55: "of the Bobbsey twins in the great city" - this part can be cut, "End of Section 5" is enough. Only at the very last section of the book you need to say the full end disclaimer: "End of The Bobbsey twins in the great city, by Laura Lee Hope" (see first post for details)

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kitty wrote: January 20th, 2022, 2:03 am the children seem to take everything in their stride and they are always lucky :lol: a feel-good book.

Perfectly read again, only one small bit at the outro:

> at 10:55: "of the Bobbsey twins in the great city" - this part can be cut, "End of Section 5" is enough. Only at the very last section of the book you need to say the full end disclaimer: "End of The Bobbsey twins in the great city, by Laura Lee Hope" (see first post for details)

Sonia
Section 5 corrected and ready for spot PL.

Section 6 uploaded.
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah now they arrived in New York. And I am really curious what they will bring back for Uncle Jack :lol: there seems to be a mystery.

I see you now decided to go with the shortened intro after all, or was this an oversight ? I thought you said you'd go with the long disclaimer throughout. :hmm: Will you be changing them for sections 2-5 as well, so that we are consistent throughout ? If so let me know so I can make a spot PL.

Thanks, both now PL ok.

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Oops. I was sure I had the long one there. I'll correct the latest and let you know when it's back up.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Section 6 corrected, & section 7 read for PL.
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:? sorry, but there is still some tweaking of the intro needed, for both sections:

Section 6:

> The name of the author should not come after the first mention of the book, but the title and author need to be repeated a second time after the disclaimer. You can read the correct wording in the first post, here again for reference, the underlined parts need correcting:
"Section 6 of The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City. (without the author here)
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org.
Read by Krista Selesky
The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City, by Laura Lee Hope.
Chapter 6: On to New York."

Section 7:

> same here, the intro has the same errors: (it would have been easier to go with the short intro after all :lol: )
"Section 7 of The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City. (without the author here)
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org.
Read by Krista Selesky
The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City, by Laura Lee Hope.
Chapter 7: On the express train."

> at 0:57: stumble and repeat, can get cut out: "Why—why! gasped"

The rest of the story was perfect, thanks. Those little Bobbseys are starting to annoy me by constantly running off :lol:

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

6 & 7 Ready for spot PL.
Here's hoping I can actually get that opening right in the next section.

Can you imagine this happening today? two 6 year olds lost in New York. No one would be that calm :)
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Sections 8 & 9 ready for PL
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kristakz wrote: January 24th, 2022, 12:31 pmCan you imagine this happening today? two 6 year olds lost in New York. No one would be that calm :)
I can't believe that they keep running away. What a way to bring up children :? Somehow it's bothering me to read the same scenario in each chapter :lol: The parents seem only to spend their time running after their children.

Ah well...at least 3 of the chapters are PL ok right away.

Two small edits for Section 9:

> at 5:12: stumble and repeat, can be cut once: "and that they were to be put off"
> at 5:50: stumble and repeat, can be cut: "Now, just sit right here"

thanks

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Section 9 ready for spot PL
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Spot PL ok :)

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Chapter 10 uploaded and ready for PL
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Chapter 11 ready for PL
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: really the main topic of this story seems to be that the kids always get lost. Must be exhausting for the parents.

What will happen with the turtle next ? I bet Freddie will have an encounter with the alligator. :?

Both sections PL ok, thanks

Sonia