[COMPLETE][Novel]Colin by E.F. Benson - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: November 15th, 2021, 9:57 amI've changed it just for the sake of accuracy.
:mrgreen: you are just like me, I probably would have changed it as well.

And Spot PL ok now. :thumbs: Thanks

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Here is Section 5! Getting it in now before I get busy again, so no rush at all on this.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_05_benson_128kb.mp3 - 52m39s

I know there's another point where I miss out "he said", but I'll let this one slide I think :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I wasn't entirely sure with the last chapter, but in this chapter I am sure: I have a serious dislike of Colin :evil: He's not a good person and I am rooting for Raymond now :lol:

Another excellent chapter, thanks, Jake. And yes, it can be marked PL ok. Actually I did not notice the missing "he said" :shock: even though I was warned beforehand !

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

And here finally is Section 6. I think I missed out a word "old" at some point but I think it's probably okay...

Here we are in Italy, and meet Uncle Salvatore. I'm not sure I'm understanding Colin's attitude to him ... one moment he is fawning over how handsome he is and then another moment he is hating his father for associating with the family at all :lol: . I don't know why I'm trying to rationalise anything about Colin as he's clearly a psychopath haha - and that word gets bandied around a lot these days, but I genuinely think he is one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_06_benson_128kb.mp3 - 47:55
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: November 27th, 2021, 1:48 pmHere we are in Italy, and meet Uncle Salvatore. I'm not sure I'm understanding Colin's attitude to him ... one moment he is fawning over how handsome he is and then another moment he is hating his father for associating with the family at all :lol: . I don't know why I'm trying to rationalise anything about Colin as he's clearly a psychopath haha - and that word gets bandied around a lot these days, but I genuinely think he is one.
hehe, yes, Colin is definitely a despicable schemer. I really wonder whether he will succeed in his plots, but I guess he will, remembering this family pact with the devil. :roll:

Salvatore is quite a scoundrel too, those two may benefit from each other :lol:

Another great chapter, I'm still hooked to the story. Perfectly PL ok :)

Thanks

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Here is Section 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_07_benson_128kb.mp3 - 34:39

The shortest section so far :lol: still over 30 mins.

Colin really is a piece of work. It's really different following the main character being such an evil schemer. The protagonist IS the antagonist :twisted:

And with this, we are 50% through the book.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: December 13th, 2021, 5:51 amHere is Section 7
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_07_benson_128kb.mp3 - 34:39

Colin really is a piece of work. It's really different following the main character being such an evil schemer. The protagonist IS the antagonist :twisted:
yes, now Colin is even plotting his own father's death :shock: And I'm not sure his scheme for the illegitimation of his birth will succeed. What if Violet doesn't want either of them, once she is mistress of Stanier :lol: He never thought of that.

Another excellent chapter. Totally PL ok. I am curious what will happen further.

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Here is Section 8

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_08_benson_128kb.mp3 - 39:45

Colin gets up to further mischief in the absence of his father, and bribes his uncle to enable his dastardly scheme. :twisted:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah Colin is pure evil. :evil: But the forgery is quite admirably done :lol: he is a good chessplayer. I wonder how it will all finish with him ? What if Violet wants Raymond after all ?

This chapter is also PL ok.

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

And here is the worst Christmas present ever given... a long section of listening to me droning on :lol:
Maybe save the PL until you go back to work, I wouldn't want to take up any of your holiday time on this. I'm just uploading it now it's edited.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_09_benson_128kb.mp3 - 58:30

It's looooong. Colin returns to Stanier and continues to enact his plan.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I would never leave a PL job that long unanswered. And right now I have finished all my claimed recording jobs, so I had time to listen to this. Quite enjoyable as well. So Colin takes Violet into his confidence...he is really sure of himself. I would have dumped him and taken Stanier alone :lol: But he has the ace up his sleeve, if Violet doesn't marry him, he will destroy the letters.

Poor Raymond.

The section is totally PL ok

Enjoy your days off !

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: December 25th, 2021, 4:27 am I would never leave a PL job that long unanswered. And right now I have finished all my claimed recording jobs, so I had time to listen to this. Quite enjoyable as well. So Colin takes Violet into his confidence...he is really sure of himself. I would have dumped him and taken Stanier alone :lol: But he has the ace up his sleeve, if Violet doesn't marry him, he will destroy the letters.

Poor Raymond.

The section is totally PL ok

Enjoy your days off !

Sonia
Aw thank you Sonia. Have a nice rest.
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Finally my throat is healed enough to start recording again. My first stop was to get this solo back on track

Here is Section 10:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/colin_10_benson_128kb.mp3 - 54:15

Raymond plots some extreme measures to counter Colin but it doesn't go his way... Colin always has luck (or the devil) on his side
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: January 21st, 2022, 6:01 amRaymond plots some extreme measures to counter Colin but it doesn't go his way... Colin always has luck (or the devil) on his side
indeed he does. Although Raymond is also very disagreeable, I am kinda rooting for him to be the winner for once in his life. He's the eternal loser in this game and since Colin isn't the "nice guy", that irks me. :evil:

I found a few small notes to correct:

> intro: you used the long intro again, but you can use the shortened version since section 2: "Section 10 of Colin, by E. F. Benson. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."

> at 11:30: (p. 193) "jealous of the joy that had come to Colin" – you say "jealousy"

Now when I heard this long intro, I started to worry that you may have done it in other sections as well and I might have missed it :? so on a hunch I rechecked all the intros once again :lol: You had the correct short intro in each section, but I noticed a small detail in Section 7: you missed the name of the author in the title: "Section 7 of Colin, by E. F. Benson." - I put this one on PL notes again, if you wouldn't mind adding it.

Sorry for the oversight on the first go.

Have a nice weekend, and great that your voice is back 8-)

Sonia
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Kitty wrote: January 21st, 2022, 7:08 am
jakemalizia wrote: January 21st, 2022, 6:01 amRaymond plots some extreme measures to counter Colin but it doesn't go his way... Colin always has luck (or the devil) on his side
indeed he does. Although Raymond is also very disagreeable, I am kinda rooting for him to be the winner for once in his life. He's the eternal loser in this game and since Colin isn't the "nice guy", that irks me. :evil:

I found a few small notes to correct:

> intro: you used the long intro again, but you can use the shortened version since section 2: "Section 10 of Colin, by E. F. Benson. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."

> at 11:30: (p. 193) "jealous of the joy that had come to Colin" – you say "jealousy"

Now when I heard this long intro, I started to worry that you may have done it in other sections as well and I might have missed it :? so on a hunch I rechecked all the intros once again :lol: You had the correct short intro in each section, but I noticed a small detail in Section 7: you missed the name of the author in the title: "Section 7 of Colin, by E. F. Benson." - I put this one on PL notes again, if you wouldn't mind adding it.

Sorry for the oversight on the first go.

Have a nice weekend, and great that your voice is back 8-)

Sonia
Thanks for picking up on that... I don't know what it is about intros but I seem to make more mistakes on those than I do with the actual text :lol: :lol:

Both sections 7 & 10 now ready for spot PL.