COMPLETE The three friends: a story of Rugby in the forties-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 4 ready for spot check.

How did I miss that repeat?! Haha!

I think most boarding schools have the same general patterns and concerns.

The one rule that seems to apply here is that one has to keep the students busy.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

KevinS wrote: January 19th, 2022, 7:49 pm Chapter 4 ready for spot check.

How did I miss that repeat?! Haha!

I think most boarding schools have the same general patterns and concerns.

The one rule that seems to apply here is that one has to keep the students busy.
My mother terrorized crawdads when she was young by pouring dishwater down their holes and wait for them to pop their heads up at which point she would scream and run away. She should have had them cooked up like these boys did.

Anyway, chapter 4 is now PL OK.

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I was always a little taken aback by crawdads. We had them in a creek which ran not too far from our home.

Chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/threefriends_05_butler_128kb.mp3 (18:36)

This chapter rings especially true for me. It closely matches what I saw some forty years ago.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

KevinS wrote: January 21st, 2022, 12:53 pm I was always a little taken aback by crawdads. We had them in a creek which ran not too far from our home.

Chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/threefriends_05_butler_128kb.mp3 (18:36)

This chapter rings especially true for me. It closely matches what I saw some forty years ago.
I listened to the one section of chapter5 several times and came to the conclusion that your extra "long" should be removed.
At about 0:31 you have "that had long stood so long". The first "long" told me that it wanted to be deleted.

I am attempting tp download chapter 6 now. My wonderful internet is telling me that it will take one to two more hours.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 5:45 pm
KevinS wrote: January 21st, 2022, 12:53 pm I was always a little taken aback by crawdads. We had them in a creek which ran not too far from our home.

Chapter 5

I listened to the one section of chapter5 several times and came to the conclusion that your extra "long" should be removed.
At about 0:31 you have "that had long stood so long". The first "long" told me that it wanted to be deleted.

I am attempting tp download chapter 6 now. My wonderful internet is telling me that it will take one to two more hours.
If you wish, I can confirm the sections pass checker. This way you would not have to download, unless you want to do so. You can just listen online otherwise.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 5 ready for spot check.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/threefriends_05_butler_128kb.mp3 (same time at 18:36)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

KevinS wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 6:31 pm

Chapter 5

If you wish, I can confirm the sections pass checker. This way you would not have to download, unless you want to do so. You can just listen online otherwise.
It is just one of the perks of living in the wilds of NM. It takes 7 days to get a package from amazon prime whereas my family in the Midwest gets it the next day.

Chapters 6 and 7 are PL OK.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 7:04 pm
KevinS wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 6:31 pm

It is just one of the perks of living in the wilds of NM. It takes 7 days to get a package from amazon prime whereas my family in the Midwest gets it the next day.

Chapters 6 and 7 are PL OK.
Thank you!

At least no one is going to steal a package off your porch!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Just listened to the changed portion of chapter 5. It is the same as the first one. Could you please repost.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 8 is PL OK even if poor Fleming might not be.

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 3:20 pm Just listened to the changed portion of chapter 5. It is the same as the first one. Could you please repost.

Thanks,

M
Will do!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 4:31 pm
Chapter 8 is PL OK even if poor Fleming might not be.

M
I'm rather afraid of how this story will end.