Mongan's Frenzy by James Stephens - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

quite a hilarious episode, although Mongan is not a nice person at all :( But it was enjoyable to listen to, because you were narrating it with fun. :thumbs:

I found two small errors, which you may want to correct:

> at 1:02: "Said he:" – there is a word before this, actually I don't know what you are saying there, but it's not in the text, so I was puzzled

> at 3:42: "to that fairy place we both know of" – you say "palace"

thanks

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, I've uploaded with the suggested changes.

For, said he???? Who knows. Some things ain't got no explanations! :shock:

Laid down the track for 4 yesterday. Hopefully this project will get finished soon. Thanks for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: January 10th, 2022, 9:22 amFor, said he???? Who knows. Some things ain't got no explanations! :shock:
oh it was "for" ? I was racking my brain to come up with an explanation for this :lol: well you could have left it in that case, it would have been an optional change.

But now PL ok :)

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 4 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/mongansfrenzy_04_stephens_128kb.mp3 20:51

I am not sure I understand what note this is supposed to end on. Well, it is just a fairy tale, good for some high silliness, but I thought Mongan got away with quite a bit of cornfluffery. (I had to make up that word because I don't exactly know a word for what he got away with.) :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellently narrated (and sung) and totally PL ok. Yes, the malice and trickery is always a little bit too mean in such legends. The most cunning one wins in the end, doesn't matter whether he is the "good guy" or not. Ah well, neither Mongan nor the King were really nice people :lol:

I enjoyed the story, and this Solo is now ready for the catalogue :clap: Well done, thanks

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Wait, Phil. I want to work on the summary, and completre the cover design, before we go to catalog! I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Thanks so much, Sonia, for taking this little journey with me. It's been a pleasure having you along with me for this creative enterprise. I have had another Stephens novel, Dierdra, on my desk for over a year and am considering a solo. It's another fantastical dramatical love story, but I can't stand the way it ends. The men are so mean that the beautiful heroine kills herself in despair!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: January 19th, 2022, 7:44 amIt's another fantastical dramatical love story, but I can't stand the way it ends. The men are so mean that the beautiful heroine kills herself in despair!
you're right, it doesn't sound like a fun story :( ah there are so many unrecorded PD texts still out there...so much to do, so little time.

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

OK, Mr. Phil, Summary and keywords are tweaked, cover is ready to go, so I'm ready for you to catalogue this. Thanks you.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

This project is now in our catalog at https://librivox.org/mongans-frenzy-by-james-stephens/

:clap: :clap:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

Phil, please put in the final summary. What's there now doesn't work.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 9:23 am Phil, please put in the final summary. What's there now doesn't work.
OK, fixed :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks!