Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 9 is up...
You don't suppose Osborn and Leyton could be one and the same :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Osborn and Leyton...now that you mention it, maybe they are. :hmm: It would be good for Edith, now that she gets sent away. :mrgreen:

Another PL ok chapter, still interesting... (and your French was excellent :thumbs: )

Thanks

Sonia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:20 am (and your French was excellent :thumbs: )
Thank you... I spent quite a bit of time in France as an au pair, but haven't spoken it for 40 years or so, so am not at all confident these days :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lynnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 8:22 amThank you... I spent quite a bit of time in France as an au pair, but haven't spoken it for 40 years or so, so am not at all confident these days :lol:
oh au pair, sounds interesting. Where have you resided, if I may ask ?

And yes, I understand...same for me with Italian, I still understand it, but I'm rusty too in grammar and don't feel too confident speaking it myself.

Sonia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:23 am
Lynnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 8:22 amThank you... I spent quite a bit of time in France as an au pair, but haven't spoken it for 40 years or so, so am not at all confident these days :lol:
oh au pair, sounds interesting. Where have you resided, if I may ask ?

And yes, I understand...same for me with Italian, I still understand it, but I'm rusty too in grammar and don't feel too confident speaking it myself.

Sonia
I was with a family from Paris, but nearly all the time was spent in the Bordeaux area (can’t remember exactly where, but it was walking distance from the beach) and some time in Limoges. I also went on exchange visits to Tours.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lynnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:56 amI was with a family from Paris, but nearly all the time was spent in the Bordeaux area (can’t remember exactly where, but it was walking distance from the beach) and some time in Limoges. I also went on exchange visits to Tours.
nice. I don't like Paris as a city too much, so I would have preferred Bordeaux and Limoges as well. :lol: Also more to the South, so probably better weather.

Sonia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:00 am
Lynnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:56 amI was with a family from Paris, but nearly all the time was spent in the Bordeaux area (can’t remember exactly where, but it was walking distance from the beach) and some time in Limoges. I also went on exchange visits to Tours.
nice. I don't like Paris as a city too much, so I would have preferred Bordeaux and Limoges as well. :lol: Also more to the South, so probably better weather.

Sonia
Yeah, I’ve been to Paris maybe 8 times, and it rained heavily every time :roll:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lynnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:02 am Yeah, I’ve been to Paris maybe 8 times, and it rained heavily every time :roll:
:lol: that was bad luck

Sonia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 10 is ready for PL.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 10 is PL ok. :thumbs: I start to become a bit more familiar with all the different characters by now. In the beginning there were so many that I confused some of them. :lol:

Thanks

Sonia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter XI is ready for PL. Down to some serious smuggling!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: this family is really something ! I quite liked the comedy aspect of it all, especially the descriptions at the beginning. Good writing.

Excellent narrating again and PL ok.

Sonia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have uploaded chapter 13.
There was a problem with the audio on chapter 12 and I may have to re-record.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lynnet wrote: January 26th, 2022, 10:11 amI have uploaded chapter 13.
There was a problem with the audio on chapter 12 and I may have to re-record.
aww I hope you can salvage the recording still :(

meanwhile Chapter 13 is PL ok. I didn't know "cap" means "commercial act of parliament", I probably would have said "chapter" :lol: one more thing learnt today.

BTW it's shocking and cynical that the rich boy again goes scot-free, while the poor people spend time in gaol. :evil:

Thanks

Sonia