[COMPLETE][SOLO]The Bobbsey Twins in a Big City by Laura Lee Hope - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

a great start, Krista :clap: So now I got to know the Bobbsey twins. I didn't know there were 2 pairs involved even, what a coincidence. :shock: A sweet chapter and with a cliffhanger at the end.

Lively narration and I love it that you get into character and change your voice slightly for the differenct persons. :thumbs: I like to do that as well in my narratives.

Only one small cosmetic bit in the end disclaimer:

> at 10:13: "End of Section 1" - you say "chapter". Since you had "section 1" in the intro, you might wish to stay consistent and also say "Section 1" at the end.

And two requests for the MW updating:

> please change the status to "Ready for PL" if you paste a new link, that way I can see it on my PL list right away. Now when you reupload with changes, put the status to "Ready for Spot PL", to mark it's not a completely new recording but a correction only

> could you please also insert the length of the file in the Notes column, that way I can see right away how much time I would need to PL without downloading it first. I did it for you this time, so you see what I mean.

Thanks

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Thank you Sonia. I'll keep that in mind and add those pieces to the MW next time.
A revised section will be uploaded soon to fix the end. And I think I've seen "ready for spot PL" as a status, so I'll make sure to change it so you know when it's ready for you.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:55 am a great start, Krista :clap: So now I got to know the Bobbsey twins. I didn't know there were 2 pairs involved even, what a coincidence. :shock: A sweet chapter and with a cliffhanger at the end.

Lively narration and I love it that you get into character and change your voice slightly for the differenct persons. :thumbs: I like to do that as well in my narratives.

Only one small cosmetic bit in the end disclaimer:

> at 10:13: "End of Section 1" - you say "chapter". Since you had "section 1" in the intro, you might wish to stay consistent and also say "Section 1" at the end.

And two requests for the MW updating:

> please change the status to "Ready for PL" if you paste a new link, that way I can see it on my PL list right away. Now when you reupload with changes, put the status to "Ready for Spot PL", to mark it's not a completely new recording but a correction only

> could you please also insert the length of the file in the Notes column, that way I can see right away how much time I would need to PL without downloading it first. I did it for you this time, so you see what I mean.

Thanks

Sonia
Section 1 re-uploaded. And MW updated correctly this time, I hope (the URL did not change, so I didn't modify that column, right?)
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kristakz wrote: January 12th, 2022, 7:09 amSection 1 re-uploaded. And MW updated correctly this time, I hope (the URL did not change, so I didn't modify that column, right?)
exactly, that's why you need to name the files exactly the same each time, so the old file gets replaced by the new one. :thumbs:

Perfectly corrected now, and PL ok. Only there are now 2 seconds less than last time. I see at the end you only have 3.5 seconds of silence instead of the standard 5. No need to reupload a third time, but please remember the 5 seconds next time. I guess you cut them a bit by mistake this time, because I think in the previous file it was ok.

A good start :) looking forward to the next chapter.

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2022, 7:26 am
kristakz wrote: January 12th, 2022, 7:09 amSection 1 re-uploaded. And MW updated correctly this time, I hope (the URL did not change, so I didn't modify that column, right?)
exactly, that's why you need to name the files exactly the same each time, so the old file gets replaced by the new one. :thumbs:

Perfectly corrected now, and PL ok. Only there are now 2 seconds less than last time. I see at the end you only have 3.5 seconds of silence instead of the standard 5. No need to reupload a third time, but please remember the 5 seconds next time. I guess you cut them a bit by mistake this time, because I think in the previous file it was ok.

A good start :) looking forward to the next chapter.

Sonia
Darn it, I saw that and fixed it to make it 5 seconds at the end, and then I guess didn't actually upload the second fix :( So since I have it, I'll throw it up there, unless that will cause issues.
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kristakz wrote: January 12th, 2022, 3:46 pmDarn it, I saw that and fixed it to make it 5 seconds at the end, and then I guess didn't actually upload the second fix :( So since I have it, I'll throw it up there, unless that will cause issues.
you can, as long as you tell me, because I have to make a re-check in that case. But for just a bit of silence, I don't think you have to this time. Up to you. :)

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Section 2 ready for PL. 5 seconds of silence confirmed at the end :)

I'll leave section 1 alone, and save you the time for a re-check.
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

It was simply a matter of time they would want their own iceboat :lol: another entertaining section, and well narrated. :thumbs:

Just one note for correction. In a solo you can use the shortened disclaimer from section 2 onwards, did you see that note in the first post ?
for the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section # of The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City, by Laura Lee Hope.
This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."
[Optional: "Read by your name."]
"Section Title."
Or do you prefer to use the full wording each time ? :hmm: It's up to you, but most soloists go for the short disclaimer. I let you decide.

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kitty wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:58 am It was simply a matter of time they would want their own iceboat :lol: another entertaining section, and well narrated. :thumbs:

Just one note for correction. In a solo you can use the shortened disclaimer from section 2 onwards, did you see that note in the first post ?
for the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section # of The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City, by Laura Lee Hope.
This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."
[Optional: "Read by your name."]
"Section Title."
Or do you prefer to use the full wording each time ? :hmm: It's up to you, but most soloists go for the short disclaimer. I let you decide.

Sonia
Rats, I missed that note. At this point, I've already recorded another 4 sections, so I think I'll stick to the longer disclaimer for this project. I'll definitely keep that in mind for any subsequent solos, however.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Section 3 ready for PL
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kristakz wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:52 amRats, I missed that note. At this point, I've already recorded another 4 sections, so I think I'll stick to the longer disclaimer for this project. I'll definitely keep that in mind for any subsequent solos, however.
ok it's up to you to decide. Though it would economise a bit of time in the long run. But yes, you can include the long disclaimer if you wish. So Section 2 can be marked PL ok then.

Section 3 has quite a cliffhanger again ! :shock: Only two bits need re-recording this time:

> at the beginning: The first part of the intro is missing " "Section 3 of The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City. This" – seems like the microphone only kicked in at this spot :hmm: Also best to leave 0.5-1 second of silence in the beginning, so as not to start too abruptly

> at 5:58: missed part of the sentence (underlined part): "Whether he touched anything, or whether Bert was afraid he would, and so pulled on the wrong rope to keep it out of Freddie's way, was never known."

thanks

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Kitty wrote: January 17th, 2022, 2:24 am
Section 3 has quite a cliffhanger again ! :shock: Only two bits need re-recording this time:

> at the beginning: The first part of the intro is missing " "Section 3 of The Bobbsey Twins in a Great City. This" – seems like the microphone only kicked in at this spot :hmm: Also best to leave 0.5-1 second of silence in the beginning, so as not to start too abruptly

> at 5:58: missed part of the sentence (underlined part): "Whether he touched anything, or whether Bert was afraid he would, and so pulled on the wrong rope to keep it out of Freddie's way, was never known."

thanks

Sonia
That's weird. My project track got shifted too far left, and while it played in Audacity, the MP3 export lost the first bit. All fixed, and I re-recorded the other (over-enthusiastic editing on my part). Re-uploaded and ready for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/bobbseytwinsinagreatcity_03_hope_128kb.mp3 7:12
Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kristakz wrote: January 17th, 2022, 8:03 amThat's weird. My project track got shifted too far left, and while it played in Audacity, the MP3 export lost the first bit.
ok bizarre, I never encountered this problem so far. :hmm:

In any case, perfectly patched and now PL ok.

Sonia
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Krista
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another excellent PL ok chapter :thumbs: Flossie and Freddie are very lucky children :lol: this could have gone very wrong

Sonia