[COMPLETE][SOLO] Homogenic Love and Its Place in a Free Society by Edward Carpenter - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vviera

Post by vviera »

jakemalizia wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:40 pm Section 1 now ready for spot PL at 13:09 :thumbs:
sec 1 now
pl ok :9:
I'll be away April 16-22.
Voy a estar fuera el 16-22 de abril.

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

jakemalizia wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:40 pm Section 2 is also up:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/homogeniclove_2_carpenter_128kb.mp3 - 18:30
Sec. 2 PL OK :clap:

Cheers, VERLA
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Here is Section 3 :D. He talks a lot about how attitudes will change in the future, and it makes me a little sad that he never got to see the fruits of it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/homogeniclove_3_carpenter_128kb.mp3 - 16:04
vviera

Post by vviera »

jakemalizia wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:47 am Here is Section 3 :D. He talks a lot about how attitudes will change in the future, and it makes me a little sad that he never got to see the fruits of it.

PL OK. :thumbs:

I know, it is so weird reading ALL his stuff, how forward thinking he was. There's the occasional thing that is really jarring, as when in Woman the Serf chapter he describes women as "a bundle of weak and flabby sentiments, combined with a wholly undeveloped brain." I had to stop recording to laugh. But for the most part, he's 100 years ahead of his time.

Another good one from Woman the Serf.
While her sympathies for individuals are keen and quick, abstract and general ideas such as those of Justice, Truth, and the like have been difficult of appreciation to her; and her deficiency in logic has made it almost impossible to act upon her through the brain. A man, if he is on the wrong track, can be argued with; but with a woman of this type, if her motives are nefarious, there is no means of changing them by appeal to her reason, or to the general sense of Justice and Right—and unless controlled by the stronger sway of a determined personal will (of a man) her career is liable to be pretty bad.

Oh, yeah. Men are so much more likely than women to admit they're wrong when confronted with logic :lol:

Cheers, VERLA
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

vviera wrote: December 9th, 2021, 7:13 pm
jakemalizia wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:47 am Here is Section 3 :D. He talks a lot about how attitudes will change in the future, and it makes me a little sad that he never got to see the fruits of it.

PL OK. :thumbs:

I know, it is so weird reading ALL his stuff, how forward thinking he was. There's the occasional thing that is really jarring, as when in Woman the Serf chapter he describes women as "a bundle of weak and flabby sentiments, combined with a wholly undeveloped brain." I had to stop recording to laugh. But for the most part, he's 100 years ahead of his time.

Another good one from Woman the Serf.
While her sympathies for individuals are keen and quick, abstract and general ideas such as those of Justice, Truth, and the like have been difficult of appreciation to her; and her deficiency in logic has made it almost impossible to act upon her through the brain. A man, if he is on the wrong track, can be argued with; but with a woman of this type, if her motives are nefarious, there is no means of changing them by appeal to her reason, or to the general sense of Justice and Right—and unless controlled by the stronger sway of a determined personal will (of a man) her career is liable to be pretty bad.

Oh, yeah. Men are so much more likely than women to admit they're wrong when confronted with logic :lol:
"a bundle of weak and flabby sentiments, combined with a wholly undeveloped brain." .... noooooo Edward. You were doing so well!!
Interesting actually, he seems much more considerate about women in this than he does Woman the Serf.
That second quote is just ridiculous. I get the feeling it's not based on his experiences of women at all, but what has been fed into his brain by society as the "stereotype". Come on dude, think for yourself :lol:. He's usually good at that.

Thanks for your PL work so far. So to finish off, here is Section 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/homogeniclove_4_carpenter_128kb.mp3 - 25:13

Sorry this last one is a bit longer than the others. No rush on your end.
vviera

Post by vviera »

I'm up so late it's early. Sorry to see this one come to an end, even though I knew going in it would be short [sounds like a summer romance :lol: ]

Probably listen sometime today, or tomorrow where you are.

What are you doing next?

Cheers, VERLA
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

vviera wrote: December 11th, 2021, 3:13 am What are you doing next?
I can't decide :shock:
vviera

Post by vviera »

Sec. 4 PL OK, congrats on the finish!

Verla

Cheers, VERLA
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

vviera wrote: December 12th, 2021, 11:37 am Sec. 4 PL OK, congrats on the finish!

Verla
Thank you Verla! Much appreciated.

That's a wrap!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, that was ultra fast ! I will start the cataloguing process then, and posting back the link once it's through

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and done !

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/homogenic-love-by-edward-carpenter/

Moving to Completed...

Sonia