[COMPLETE] The Art of Prophesying, by William Perkins - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

The Art of Prophesying, by William Perkins (1558 - 1602), translated by Thomas Tuke (1580 - 1657)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-art-of-prophesying-by-william-perkins/
A treatise concerning the sacred and only true manner and method of preaching. To the faithful ministers of the gospel and to all that are desirous of and do labour for the knowledge of holy learning.

That common place of divinity, which concerneth the framing of sermons, is both weighty and difficult, if there be any other throughout all that sacred science. For the matter, which it is to explicate and treat on is prophecy; an excellent gift indeed, whether we consider it in respect of dignity, or of use.

I perused the writings of divines and having gathered some rules out of them, I have couched them in that method, which I have deemed most commodious: that they might be better for use and fitter for the memory.

I do now betake you to God, and this (tractate of the) art of prophecying, both to you and to God.
December 12. 1592 (Summary by Adapted from preface)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A09449.0001.001

Target completion date: 2021-11-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Art of Prophesying. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Art of Prophesying, by William Perkins, translated by Thomas Tuke. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Art of Prophesying, by William Perkins, translated by Thomas Tuke. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Art of Prophesying, by William Perkins, translated by Thomas Tuke."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: artofprophesying_##_perkins_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. artofprophesying_01_perkins_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by InTheDesert on November 29th, 2021, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll MC this.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Thanks Tricia. First secton uploaded.

Hope you had a good vacation.
Emotions
EnzoC

Post by EnzoC »

Hi :D do you guys mind if I DPL this or PL a couple of chapters?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

EnzoC wrote: November 28th, 2021, 10:48 pm Hi :D do you guys mind if I DPL this or PL a couple of chapters?
That would be greatly appreciated!
Emotions
EnzoC

Post by EnzoC »

Great I'll start tomorrow! I should be done with both the first and second chapters.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Great! Let's summon our MC who can give you MW access and then we'll be well on the way to getting this catalogued :)
TriciaG wrote: November 16th, 2021, 3:01 pm I'll MC this.
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've entered you in as DPL, Enzo. :)

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs

Most of the information is for BCs, but it tells how to get into the MW for the first time and set up a password. (It's a different login system than the forum.)

When you've listened to a section, change the status to either PL OK or See PL Notes, and post your findings in the thread.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 6:41 am I've entered you in as DPL, Enzo. :)
Thankyou! Can you also pull down the thread from listeners wanted for me?
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done. :)
EnzoC

Post by EnzoC »

I seem to be having some problem with regards to the permissions of the magic window, and when I follow the instructions it doesn't change anything. Any chance I'm missing something of some sort so I would be able to list the sections as PL OK?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

EnzoC wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm I seem to be having some problem with regards to the permissions of the magic window, and when I follow the instructions it doesn't change anything. Any chance I'm missing something of some sort so I would be able to list the sections as PL OK?
Did you get to the login screen and click "reset password" (or whatever the wording is)? NOT in the forum; in the Magic Window.
Did you log into the MW using your newly set up password?
EnzoC

Post by EnzoC »

TriciaG wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 2:44 pm
EnzoC wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm I seem to be having some problem with regards to the permissions of the magic window, and when I follow the instructions it doesn't change anything. Any chance I'm missing something of some sort so I would be able to list the sections as PL OK?
Did you get to the login screen and click "reset password" (or whatever the wording is)? NOT in the forum; in the Magic Window.
Did you log into the MW using your newly set up password?
I've done that yes all at the MW using my newly set up password. I've also done the reset password that the guide says yet it still says I do not have permission.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Make sure you're logged out of the uploader with the generic login. That generic one will mess with your permission because it doesn't know who you are. :)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

If you continue to have problems with it, you can just post the PL remarks in the thread and I can update the MW for you.
Emotions