(Complete) Color by Countee Cullen - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 19th, 2021, 12:47 pm And somehow I'd missed Section 21. One small change there: at 1:15 for “Why should SHE think it devil’s art” I hear “Why should HE think it”
Section 21 is Ready for Spot PL.

1:15 - SHE
Mike
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 17th, 2021, 10:37 am Thank you!
Two corrections:
"I live to prove the groping clod is surely more than simple dust" is read beginning at 1:25 and then repeated at 1:31
At 1:41 I hear "BEAUTIFY the carnal crust" for "BEATIFY the carnal crust"
Section 72 is Ready for Spot PL

1:25 - Removed repeat.
1:41 - BEATIFY
Mike
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Section 66 is Ready for PL!
Mike
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

lethargilistic wrote: December 1st, 2021, 8:05 pm Section 66 is Ready for PL!
Thank you! Sections 21, 66, and 72 are all PL OK and beautifully read.

In 72, that isn't a pronunciation of beatify that I've heard before, but this may well just be a regional difference.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

JoannaHoyt wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 4:07 am
lethargilistic wrote: December 1st, 2021, 8:05 pm Section 66 is Ready for PL!
In 72, that isn't a pronunciation of beatify that I've heard before, but this may well just be a regional difference.
Either way is acceptable, but I didn't know this word so I won't pretend like I knew that. I guess that means I probably messed up the rhythm, but that's a huge "Oh Well" from me, hahaha.
Mike
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We don't comment on pronunciation unless it changes the meaning, precisely because there are so many regional variants. Beatify is a religious word, meaning to make a saint. Bee-at-ee-fie.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Sections 70 and 71 are Ready for PL.

Also, I did ask her to comment on pronunciation for this project. Just want to Get It Done at this point, tho. ^^
Mike
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

These poems are gorgeous, and gorgeously read...

Section 71 is PL OK.

One minor issue in Section 70: At 1:48: For "THOUGH dust, your fingers still..." I hear "THROUGH dust, your fingers still..."
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

JoannaHoyt wrote: December 4th, 2021, 3:58 am One minor issue in Section 70: At 1:48: For "THOUGH dust, your fingers still..." I hear "THROUGH dust, your fingers still..."
1:48: THOUGH
JoannaHoyt wrote: July 5th, 2021, 2:46 am Two differences in Section 63:
2:42 for “one WHO loves you” I hear “one WHOM loves you”
4:02 For “Owns JESUS as its head” I hear “Owns JUDAS as its head”
Ugh. Thank you for your patience. I had been meaning to rerecord this one all along because I just didn't like the first version enough, and saving it for last (on top of HOLIDAYS and FEELS) made a mountain out of a molehill. I know of two small flubs in the first paragraph ("that night" and "thought this"). I don't care about those two. Pending PL from the top, we're done, lmao.
Mike
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

lethargilistic wrote: December 29th, 2021, 6:34 pm
JoannaHoyt wrote: December 4th, 2021, 3:58 am One minor issue in Section 70: At 1:48: For "THOUGH dust, your fingers still..." I hear "THROUGH dust, your fingers still..."
Ugh. Thank you for your patience. I had been meaning to rerecord this one all along because I just didn't like the first version enough, and saving it for last (on top of HOLIDAYS and FEELS) made a mountain out of a molehill. I know of two small flubs in the first paragraph ("that night" and "thought this"). I don't care about those two. Pending PL from the top, we're done, lmao.
Thank you. This is a powerful reading of Section 63. I have marked it PL OK and think it is so. Just because of your initial request for word perfect PL, I am mentioning that at 0:53 I hear WHEREIN ALL DAY HE PLAYED for WHEREON HE ALL DAY PLAYED; I think this really makes no difference.

Section 70 is PL OK.

If you agree with me about the slight variation in 63 being no problem, then I think this is complete and ready to catalogue. Thank you for the chance to listen to these readings.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

So is this ready for the catalog?
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

JoannaHoyt wrote: December 29th, 2021, 7:20 pm
lethargilistic wrote: December 29th, 2021, 6:34 pm
Thank you. This is a powerful reading of Section 63. I have marked it PL OK and think it is so. Just because of your initial request for word perfect PL, I am mentioning that at 0:53 I hear WHEREIN ALL DAY HE PLAYED for WHEREON HE ALL DAY PLAYED; I think this really makes no difference.

Section 70 is PL OK.

If you agree with me about the slight variation in 63 being no problem, then I think this is complete and ready to catalogue. Thank you for the chance to listen to these readings.
I agree, it's fine. Thank you so much for your help!!
Lynnet wrote: December 30th, 2021, 7:42 am So is this ready for the catalog?
Yes! Please!
Mike
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/color-by-countee-cullen/

Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: