[Solo]The Knave of Diamonds by Ethel M. Dell - kit

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I made the changes/edits to Section 3 that you suggested and have reposted it. The only other changes I made to Section 3 were that I redid the parts where I say "Giles" because I realized that I mispronounced the name. The two sections are "Sir Giles is very open-handed" at 7:36 and "Why couldn't Sir Giles have married in his own set?" at 8:54. I have also posted Section 4.
Scarbo wrote: November 17th, 2021, 7:05 pm Section 2 is PL OK!

Section 3 sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- At 0:25, "in which the ancient hostelry abounded," I hear "in which the ancient holstery abounded."
- At 2:43, "The drawl in his voice," I hear "The draw in his voice."
- At 11:54, "Madam" dips in volume level a bit compared to the surrounding dialogue.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 3 is PL OK! Thanks for the heads up about the additional changes.

Section 4 PLing to follow soon!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 4 sounds great! The only note I have is that at 5:41, "Anne Carfax sank back in her corner," you say "Anne Carfax sat back in her corner."
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have reposted Section 4 with that sentence corrected. :thumbs:
Scarbo wrote: December 1st, 2021, 6:28 pm Section 4 sounds great! The only note I have is that at 5:41, "Anne Carfax sank back in her corner," you say "Anne Carfax sat back in her corner."
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SirenaRose wrote: December 4th, 2021, 1:54 pm I have reposted Section 4 with that sentence corrected. :thumbs:
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I have posted Section 5.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 5 is PL OK! I have one optional note that at 9:40, "I forgot you were a parson's daughter," I hear "I forgot you are a parson's daughter," but since the meaning is the same, you might decide it's fine as is. This is your project, so it's completely up to you! :D (I'll always do word-perfect PLing for this project as requested, but I wasn't sure whether a difference that minor was worth listing as a regular note.)

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
Thanks for letting me know! I have decided that because it's so small of a detail, I'm going to leave Section 5 the way it is. :thumbs:
By the way, I have posted Section 6.
Scarbo wrote: December 6th, 2021, 7:32 pm Section 5 is PL OK! I have one optional note that at 9:40, "I forgot you were a parson's daughter," I hear "I forgot you are a parson's daughter," but since the meaning is the same, you might decide it's fine as is. This is your project, so it's completely up to you! :D (I'll always do word-perfect PLing for this project as requested, but I wasn't sure whether a difference that minor was worth listing as a regular note.)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'm looking forward to section 6! Just to let you know, I usually try to PL within a day, but I have some PLing to catch up on lately, so it might be a day or two before I can finish this one.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 6 is PL OK!

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have posted Section 7.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 7 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have posted Section 8.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 8 is PL OK! (Cliffhangerrr!)

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Great! :D I have now posted Section 9 which sort of gives you a hint at what happened to Anne but you won't know the complete details until Section 10 which I'll post in the next few days. The story is definitively going to get very interesting from here on out. :9:

Scarbo wrote: January 10th, 2022, 7:51 pm Section 8 is PL OK! (Cliffhangerrr!)