My Librivox reader page
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Edits to 1-3, 6-9 posted.

Also, new 10-11 posted.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

PL notes

Section 1: Again, nothing has been fixed. The intro is still wrong ad there is still a stumble at 0:34.
Section 2: Intro still not corrected.
Section 3: PL OK.
Sections 7, 8 & 9 PL OK.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Section 10 PL note

1:51 Text: onslaught Sounds like 'omelets"

My website
My Librivox reader page
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Section 11 PL notes

04:57 Text: reloaded Heard: unloaded
09:52 Missing: She leaned over and whispered in his ear—it could only be heard for three yards around—"Ray, vat vill you do now?"

My website
My Librivox reader page
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

1-2, 10-11 ready for spot PL.

New 12 uploaded.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

PL notes

Sections 1, 2 and 11 now PL OK.

Edited section 10 is in stereo.

My website
My Librivox reader page
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Section 12 PL notes

06:15 Text: social stasis Heard: social status
18:25 Text: "All right, then—" Heard: "All right."
20:05 Text: But you two stay just outside." Heard: But you two just stay outside."

My website
My Librivox reader page
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Edits to 10 and 12 uploaded.

New 13 and 14 uploaded.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Section 10 edit OK, but file is now in stereo. Convert to mono and resubmit.

Section 12 now PL OK.

My website
My Librivox reader page
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Phil, I just found your version of 'Witch of the Demon Seas'.

I also noticed it came after I had sent the first post. I don't mind, of course, I'm just intrigued by what motivated you with this story in particular, as opposed to one of the others. However, I will take full credit for all your hard work. :D :P

For a moment, when I saw it first, I considered dropping it from my roster and forming a 'Seven Stories', as my choice of these stories was entirely to do with 'finishing up' the Public Domain Anderson. Especially with the high time demand I put on audio production (I am currently making a 'twelve sci-fi stories of Christmas' - something I will definitely start earlier next year, given that I want to get to about 85% of my professional standard, which means editing etc takes recording time multiplied by 3. Also, I'm making a 51 chapter novel. Both of these go on a weekly podcast, (https://soundcloud.com/g1hkk9pkpteg - which uploads automatically to Spotify, which is nice, as that's the much bigger platform) and will eventually end up on Librivox.

I dunno. Is 'Witch' any good? I haven't read it yet. If it is, I'll probably crack on with it. I assume you thought it wasn't terrible, or you wouldn't have bothered with all the work you put into it.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Guess what else I found! I had, in fact, missed one short story, 'The Sargasso of Lost Starships'.
I got it mixed up with another story with 'sargasso' in the title, of which Librivox has two versions.

In which case, I would like to officially change this book to 'Nine Sci-fi Stories by Poul Anderson'. I will change the title of each of the uploaded tracks - it's not a big deal. And if you could add seven more tracks, that will be sufficient. Since I make the tracks religiously and regularly (as is the 'rules' of good podcasting), this will slow me down by about seven weeks. Give or take, my actual finish date is long before the one I proposed even then.

So, yeah, I will crack on with 'Witch' if that wasn't clear. If you want me to change the BC Admin title to add '(Version 2)', I can do that.

There's also a murder mystery he wrote, but that'll have to be left for another time! Doesn't quite fit the theme...
Last edited by Ligeti_Grieg on December 19th, 2021, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

As for proofing, sj marky, hold off on listening to tracks 13 and 14 until I have reposted 1-12. I should be able to do that late tomorrow, which will be your morning, so it probably won't matter either way!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote: December 19th, 2021, 6:22 pm Phil, I just found your version of 'Witch of the Demon Seas'.

I also noticed it came after I had sent the first post. I don't mind, of course, I'm just intrigued by what motivated you with this story in particular, as opposed to one of the others. However, I will take full credit for all your hard work. :D :P

For a moment, when I saw it first, I considered dropping it from my roster and forming a 'Seven Stories', as my choice of these stories was entirely to do with 'finishing up' the Public Domain Anderson. Especially with the high time demand I put on audio production (I am currently making a 'twelve sci-fi stories of Christmas' - something I will definitely start earlier next year, given that I want to get to about 85% of my professional standard, which means editing etc takes recording time multiplied by 3. Also, I'm making a 51 chapter novel. Both of these go on a weekly podcast, (https://soundcloud.com/g1hkk9pkpteg - which uploads automatically to Spotify, which is nice, as that's the much bigger platform) and will eventually end up on Librivox.

I dunno. Is 'Witch' any good? I haven't read it yet. If it is, I'll probably crack on with it. I assume you thought it wasn't terrible, or you wouldn't have bothered with all the work you put into it.
Ha! Please don't drop the Witch story just because it is in our catalog. I know your intent was and is to collect all the unrecorded PD Anderson and make them available in our catalog, sort of clean up Anderson. A highly commendable idea and I support you 100% but if this story being recorded already conflicts with the theme, then do drop it. It is up to you. I on the other hand am not so public minded as you and selfishly just do stories that seem like fun. Yeah, I just enjoy pulp SF stories with great names even if they have been done many times before. A Witch was on my list for quite a bit before you started this great project. For example, next on my list is Cosmic Castaway by Jacobi and then The Aliens by Murry Leinster. It just happened to coincide that's all and I apologize if any confusion was caused. By the way, your podcast thing is admirable for the discipline you show and for the fact that the recordings will show up on Spotify as y ou do them. How neat is that?
Witch is a fine story although the hero Corun, acted a lot like Conan, mighty thews and all, and had me saying the wrong name repeatedly. Swords and sorcery at it's niftiest. The writing did not seem like Anderson by the way; it felt very different.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote: December 19th, 2021, 6:36 pm Guess what else I found! I had, in fact, missed one short story, 'The Sargasso of Lost Starships'.
I got it mixed up with another story with 'sargasso' in the title, of which Librivox has two versions.

In which case, I would like to officially change this book to 'Nine Sci-fi Stories by Poul Anderson'. I will change the title of each of the uploaded tracks - it's not a big deal. And if you could add seven more tracks, that will be sufficient. Since I make the tracks religiously and regularly (as is the 'rules' of good podcasting), this will slow me down by about seven weeks. Give or take, my actual finish date is long before the one I proposed even then.

So, yeah, I will crack on with 'Witch' if that wasn't clear. If you want me to change the BC Admin title to add '(Version 2)', I can do that.

There's also a murder mystery he wrote, but that'll have to be left for another time! Doesn't quite fit the theme...
Sure. Just change the project title and I will fix the project page. Changing the title of uploaded tracks could cause problems however since the intro must fit the first post and then the proof listener will have to check them out again. Is there anyway to leave them as they are and add the new story at the end. You will like Witch. It will keep you guessing right up to the end something rare in these stories.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk