[Complete] T. Tembarom By Frances Hodgson Burnett - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

T. Tembarom, by Frances Hodgson Burnett (1849 - 1924)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/t-tembarom-version-2-by-frances-hodgson-burnett/

T. Tembarom is a young man who grew up in New York City, scraping his way by blacking shoes and selling newspapers. On day, he gets notified that he has become heir to a large estate in England with a healthy income. Though this would the the ultimate blessing to most, it sets him too high in class in English society for the simple Little Anne, the love of his life. His main goal is to prove to her that he would give High Society a good chance, then she would agree to marry him, knowing that she was his real choice. (Summary by Keith Salis)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/2514

Target completion date: 2022-02-28

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Hodgson_Burnett (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 40
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1913
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1900 onward

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of T. Tembarom. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "T. Tembarom, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of T. Tembarom, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of T. Tembarom, by Frances Hodgson Burnett."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: ttembarom_##_burnett_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. ttembarom_01_burnett_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Keratak on January 22nd, 2022, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just fyi, this will be version 2 - we are happy about that , just checking that you know. Some soloists prefer to add new books. There is no need for you to explain, we have just had a few readers who haven't realised and found out after they had recorded a few chapters

Anne
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks. You are correct about wanting to do original works. I normally am one of them.
This one came as a suggestion to do as a solo from Elaine Toth. I looked it over, and thought this would be a good way to spend my Winter.
We'll see how it goes.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Setting this up for you.

All set. Let me know if you need anything else.

Version 1 was, I believe, a group project. This will be the first solo version.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 1 is ready for PL.
Do we have a DPL, or were you gong to do that?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Not as far as I know. I may be able to PL some of it.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 1 PL OK
vviera

Post by vviera »

Hi Lynne - I just finished up a big collaborative. I can DPL.

Verla
Cheers, VERLA

There's no rehab for LibriVox addicts. (Aren't you glad?)
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks Verla!
I should have more released soon. My upstairs neighbors have been away, so I've taken the opportunity to record more than edit lately.

Keith
vviera

Post by vviera »

Keratak wrote: November 29th, 2021, 8:30 pm Thanks Verla!
I should have more released soon. My upstairs neighbors have been away, so I've taken the opportunity to record more than edit lately.

Keith
At your service whenever you're ready.
Cheers, VERLA

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Verla added as DPL
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 2 is ready for PL.
I hope to make good progress in uploading these, so I might not notify every time, depending how things go with PL.
There's no rush in getting them PLd, I'm just eager to get them submitted.
Right now I have through Ch 25 recorded and would hate for something to happen and have to redo everything. :?
vviera

Post by vviera »

Keratak wrote: December 1st, 2021, 10:32 am Ch 2 is ready for PL.
I hope to make good progress in uploading these, so I might not notify every time, depending how things go with PL.
There's no rush in getting them PLd, I'm just eager to get them submitted.
Right now I have through Ch 25 recorded and would hate for something to happen and have to redo everything. :?
Thanks, keratak. Please do notify every time you upload something. I do a lot of DPL - 15 projects right now, though there are always some that are dormant. Getting the forum post notifications is how I keep track of what needs doing. Otherwise I don't even check to see if there's anything new.

Verla
Cheers, VERLA

Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 3 is Ready.
vviera

Post by vviera »

Thank you :)
Cheers, VERLA