[COMPLETE] With the Empress Dowager of China - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Two sections are uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/withtheempressdowagerofchina_31_carl_128kb.mp3
15:02.5, 88.8 dB

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/withtheempressdowagerofchina_32_carl_128kb.mp3
12:40.5, 89.5 dB

Thanks for listening. Only 3 more to go!

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

31-32 PL OK!

I will miss the Empress.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi -

Here is Chapter 33.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/withtheempressdowagerofchina_33_carl_128kb.mp3
10:37.9, 88.4 dB

Enjoy the last of the Chapters. Soon Miss Carl will be away from the Palace.....

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

33 PL OK!

:( Only two left.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again --

Chapter 34 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/withtheempressdowagerofchina_34_carl_128kb.mp3
9:32.0, 89.0 dB

It is the penultimate chapter. I'd better get cracking and draft the Summary!

Thanks for the proof listening.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Anne and David --

I have drafted a summary for the audiobook.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for edits that you may have.

Anne -- is it possible to retain the paragraph structure for the final posting of the summary? It is probably more readable in paragraphs.....

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

34 PL OK!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes it is, and if I forget to make sure it has it is easy to fix up afterwards - some things need codes to look right,
Looks like I better dig out the portrait.

Anne
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi David and Anne --

The final Chapter of With the Empress Dowager of China is completed. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/withtheempressdowagerofchina_35_carl_128kb.mp3
11:07.2, 89.0 dB

Miss Carl wants to get on with her life -- sorry -- spoiler alert! Still, what a fascinating 9 or 10 months she had.

Anne -- the Wikimedia link to the portrait is: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Empress_Dowager,_Tze_Hsi,_of_China,_by_Katharine_Carl,_1904..jpg

The attribution should read: Portrait of The Empress Dowager, Tze Hsi, of China, by Katharine Carl, 1904, oil on canvas with camphor wood frame.

Anne -- I don't see any restriction on cropping the image, which might be desired by you to fit the cover image format? Please let me know if it is an imposition to ask you to do the cover. I can bestir myself and do it.....

Thanks to both of you, David and Anne, for your help with this book recording. :clap:

I'm thinking about reading Lady Mary Barker's "Station Amusements in New Zealand" next. It is the sequel to Station Life in New Zealand. Are each of you interested in being involved in that project as DPL and MC as before? I've dived in somewhere in the middle of the memoir (a chapter on Amateur Servants) and am quietly chuckling to myself, so it might be OK.

I will prepare a project page for Station Amusements.... so please let me know if I can take the liberty of attributing annise as MC and craigdav1 and DPL.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That will be fine - this time next week , covid permitting, my daughter and 2 girls plus pets arrives - one girl has a birthday on 22nd , then there is Christmas, other girl has a birthday on New years day, my son's girl has her birthday on New Years eve , so I may be somewhat restricted re LV but you can manage without me I suspect

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Re the cover - I don't mind doing it - it is such an amazing frame but I don't think we can use it all -it would leave the portrait looking like a postage stamp :D

And I'm currently working on a cover for the Golem :D

Anne
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

annise wrote: December 9th, 2021, 11:30 pm That will be fine - this time next week , covid permitting, my daughter and 2 girls plus pets arrives - one girl has a birthday on 22nd , then there is Christmas, other girl has a birthday on New years day, my son's girl has her birthday on New Years eve , so I may be somewhat restricted re LV but you can manage without me I suspect

Anne
Thanks Anne

Please take all the time that you want. It sounds like a great time with your family which should be wonderful after all the covid disruption that you have had. I can record and bank them if so motivated.
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

annise wrote: December 9th, 2021, 11:39 pm Re the cover - I don't mind doing it - it is such an amazing frame but I don't think we can use it all -it would leave the portrait looking like a postage stamp :D

And I'm currently working on a cover for the Golem :D

Anne
That frame was designed by the Empress Dowager herself.
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

35 PL OK. Finished!

Looking forward to some NZ amusement.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The Empress is speeding over to Archive as I type .......

Anne