[COMPLETE][Exploration]The Australian Explorers, by George Grimm - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: October 9th, 2020, 7:03 pmSection 8 - Chapter 7 - Eyre's Adventurous Journey Along The Great Australian Bight completed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/australianexplorers_08_grimm_128kb.mp3
wohooo the adventures continue :9: so cool. But a pity that this exploration did not reveal an inhabitable landscape. Yes, not every endeavour is crowned with success. At least Eyre survived, unlike some other explorers. :(

This section is totally PL ok. Well narrated, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you, and great to see this project moving along again. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hi Chris, just wanted to get a bimonthly update from you in here. Any chance of a new chapter before the years runs out ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Just checking in as per request to keep this project active, and I hope to have it finished by NYE.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:47 amJust checking in as per request to keep this project active, and I hope to have it finished by NYE.
thank you, for an official statement, Chris. I'll keep the project afloat for the time being, waiting for you to be back in full force. NYE sounds like a good plan - of course you didn't mention which year :lol:

Well...I'll be around.

Have a good weekend, relaxing hopefully. I plan to have the same.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Chris, just wanted to ask for another short bimonthly update from you. Let's hope you are soon back in the saddle to continue here. I definitely look forward to hearing more about Australian exploring...

All the best

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chris is taking a hiatus and asked me to put the project on hold per email on January 3, 2022
SonOfTheExiles wrote:And if you could, please archive “The Australian Explorers” and anything else of mine that is outstanding.
No, I meant backing it up to the saved area that we recovered it from when I went to work on it for a while again after a previous hiatus. (I thought I was using the wrong word with ‘archive’).
Moving it off the general forum.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Update: heard back today from Chris via email
SonOfTheExiles wrote:By all means, open that remaining solo project up to group, or if it gets no interest put it on the abandoned projects.
Let's try to finish the project as group effort. It was such an interesting book and the sections so far were well done, it would be a pity to let them get abandoned.

Will prep it all now and relaunch soon.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

managed to Spot correct the few errors in three chapters, so we are ready to launch now.

Whoever is interested in daring explorations of unknown territories: you are welcome in this project :)

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Chapter IX. Kennedy's Disastrous Expedition to Cape Yorke

Can I take this one please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: December 30th, 2022, 11:58 amChapter IX. Kennedy's Disastrous Expedition to Cape Yorke
Can I take this one please.
thank you for helping out here, Craig. The section is assigned to you. Looking forward to hearing it. (though the title sounds like a gruesome read)

Please note that this is section 10, which is important for the filenaming. You can say "Chapter 10" in the intro though, which is how Chris started and we will keep that way to stay identical to the rest of the intros.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: December 31st, 2022, 3:31 am
Please note that this is section 10, which is important for the filenaming. You can say "Chapter 10" in the intro though, which is how Chris started and we will keep that way to stay identical to the rest of the intros.

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/australianexplorers_10_grimm_128kb.mp3 15:48

Not sure if I have this right. I understand the file is named as 10, but I have assumed that I should be saying Chapter 9 in the recording. Obviously I can change this is if that is not correct.

Not the happiest of recordings!

Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: December 31st, 2022, 7:37 amNot sure if I have this right. I understand the file is named as 10, but I have assumed that I should be saying Chapter 9 in the recording.
ehm, yes, sorry...you're right. I meant it's section 10 in the filename, but Chapter 9 in the intro.

Will PL later on, thank you for the fast turn-around.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have Section 9? Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phew....this expedition was really doomed. Poor men, dying of starvation and hopelessness. :(

Excellently narrated though, thank you so much. I only found 3 small edits to make:

> at 1:20: (p. 144) "Mr. Edmund B. Kennedy" - you say "R."
> at 4:20: (p. 146) "the Tam o' Shanter" - you say "Tom"
> at 7:23: (p. 147) repeat, can be cut: "till their enmity"

I guess you are preparing yourself for a pub visit for New Year's Eve now ;) Have fun, see you next year :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 12:45 pmMay I have Section 9?
Jim ! hi :) happy to have you join the project. And as always, jumping to the rescue with taking a huge section. 8-) I do hope you can manage in under 74 minutes, judging by some other chapters length/page count, this is getting tricky.

Thank you, and I hope you have a good start in the new year as well.

Sonia