[COMPLETE] The Brethren by H. Rider Haggard - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Elroi,

You're reading is wonderful and I can't wait to hear more - but I have just a quick note for the Prologue. I am looking for about 0.5-1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording - but you have less than 0.5 seconds of silence. If you could just add a little more silence and re-upload it, I can mark is as PL OK.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

DariaAM wrote: September 16th, 2021, 2:38 am Elroi,

You're reading is wonderful and I can't wait to hear more - but I have just a quick note for the Prologue. I am looking for about 0.5-1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording - but you have less than 0.5 seconds of silence. If you could just add a little more silence and re-upload it, I can mark is as PL OK.
I have corrected that and re-uploaded prologue.
So pleased that you are happy with the read!
"Own the day"
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Chapter 00 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Chapter 1 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

"Own the day"
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Just a note for Chapter 2:

Please add a little more silence at the beginning of the recording (it's less than 0.5 seconds)
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

Hi Tricia,

Was sure I had fixed this :cry: but corrected now.
Chapter 4 loaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/brethren_04_haggard_128kb.mp3
"Own the day"
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Chapters 2 & 3 are PL OK. :thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

Daria, I am not happy with some characters etc and am busy re-recording some parts. I will make sure that it is perfect so that you don't have to listen to everything again. I love this book and want it to be really good so please bear with me.
Thanks
Elroi
"Own the day"
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Elroi wrote: September 21st, 2021, 10:21 am Daria, I am not happy with some characters etc and am busy re-recording some parts. I will make sure that it is perfect so that you don't have to listen to everything again. I love this book and want it to be really good so please bear with me.
Thanks
Elroi
No worries. :wink:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

DariaAM wrote: September 21st, 2021, 11:39 pm
Elroi wrote: September 21st, 2021, 10:21 am Daria, I am not happy with some characters etc and am busy re-recording some parts. I will make sure that it is perfect so that you don't have to listen to everything again. I love this book and want it to be really good so please bear with me.
Thanks
Elroi
No worries. :wink:
Hi there Daria,
I have redone chapters 1 and 2 and busy on 3. I am really sorry about this - been struggling to find the right balance and keep it consistent but I am finally happy and don't think I can do better than this. I have listened and checked the files very carefully so hopefully they are fine.
"Own the day"
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Elroi wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:40 pm Hi there Daria,
I have redone chapters 1 and 2 and busy on 3. I am really sorry about this - been struggling to find the right balance and keep it consistent but I am finally happy and don't think I can do better than this. I have listened and checked the files very carefully so hopefully they are fine.
Dear Elroi,

There has been some misunderstanding. Perhaps I didn't comprehend your message fully - but I didn't realize that you were planning to re-read all the chapters. I completely understand why you want to re-read them; however, as a DPL, proof-listening the chapters for over an hour-and-a-half, it's going to be challenging and time-consuming to reproof-listen them again. I will be happy to continue to PL chapters 4-24, but as a student, I am unable re-listen to chapters 1-3. Perhaps another volunteer who has more time will be willing to listen to them.

I am truly sorry about this inconvenience.

Daria
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

DariaAM wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 2:12 am
Elroi wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:40 pm Hi there Daria,
Dear Elroi,

There has been some misunderstanding. Perhaps I didn't comprehend your message fully - but I didn't realize that you were planning to re-read all the chapters. I completely understand why you want to re-read them; however, as a DPL, proof-listening the chapters for over an hour-and-a-half, it's going to be challenging and time-consuming to reproof-listen them again. I will be happy to continue to PL chapters 4-24, but as a student, I am unable re-listen to chapters 1-3. Perhaps another volunteer who has more time will be willing to listen to them.

I am truly sorry about this inconvenience.

Daria
Hi Daria,
I should have explained myself better....I would not expect you to listen to those 3 chapters over again and I fully understand - it would be very unfair to you. I should have assigned it as spot PL rather which I was really expecting - just a check of the basics not listening to the whole thing. Will you be ok with that?
PS So sorry about all this- Lesson learned and will make triply sure that I am happy before uploading.
"Own the day"
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

Hi there Daria,

Chapter 4 uploaded.
"Own the day"
Elroi

Post by Elroi »

Chapters 5 and 6 uploaded :? .
"Own the day"