Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I should be starting up again soon.

Hamlet
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hamlet wrote: August 11th, 2021, 4:47 pm I should be starting up again soon.

Hamlet

Awesome!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Guster

Post by Guster »

That's great! I was actually just checking in on this project yesterday to make sure I had not missed anything
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, I'm FINALLY starting to record again! I still haven't been able to get my older computer which has all my previous LibriVox files working, but I will be taking it to be repaired soon. Meanwhile, I am trying to record on my newer computer. I have downloaded Audacity, but I am having trouble when I try to add "Replay Gain" to it. I seem to have downloaded the file, but it is not appearing on the menu of Audacity where it used to. I'll figure it out. Meanwhile, I am in the process of recording chapter 25.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Sorry about your computer troubles, I hope it can get properly repaired soon and that you cam figure everything out on your new one for now.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

My only problem now is trying to figure out how to make "Replay Gain" work. I don't remember it being this much of a problem on my old computer. I have downloaded replay gain, and I have transferred it to the "plugins" file, but it still isn't showing up in the Tools menu.
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I put it aside for a week or so and then tried to tackle the issue again. I STILL can't get Replay Gain to appear in the menu of Audacity. However, when I click on "Add/Remove Plug Ins" in the Tools menu, I can see it in the list and it says "enabled." I don't understand it.

So, since I don't want to hold up this project any more than I already have, I have a question. Can "Replay Gain" be done by the PL? I know it's supposed to be part of MY job, but as I've said, I've been unable to do it.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Have you tried downloading Checker? I don't use Replay Gain, I am assuming that it checks your recording for the usual problems before you upload your section. If that is what it is for, I use Checker for the same function.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, sorry for the long wait, but my job once again required extra attention from me. I have FINALLY gotten "Replay Gain" to work. Or rather I have discovered that in the latest version of Audacity, it's found on a different menu than it was before. So very soon I can finally get this project going again, this time for real!

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

At long last, three new chapters are read.

Ever since I uploaded Audacity on my new computer I have noticed some changes so it must be a later version than the one I had been using for years. Replay Gain, as I've mentioned before, was one of the issues I had trouble with. As you probably know, I use the handclap method to find my errors when I edit. For some reason, when I clap my hands now during a reading, it now doesn't always show up as clearly on the Audacity file, so I have tried clapping louder. This usually works, but I have noticed that some of them only produce a slight bump on the track.
So basically, there is a chance I may have missed some edits this time, but if I did, I'm sure you will tell me. :)

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

We seem to have misplaced our PL.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Maybe. I would tend to think so if she had not been on the forum for a few months. She was last here on November 19. Keep on working, if she does not appear at some point, then we will find another DPL.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I hope everything is okay with her.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Me too! It could be that the time of year is busy for her.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Guster

Post by Guster »

Hey I am sooooo sorry! :oops: Time flies lately, My job has been crazy, and several pet issues have come up, among other things, but I am still here, and I am looking forward to catching up on pling. I missed this project while you were figuring out your computer problems and then you get back to it and I disappear :roll: