COMPLETE The American Credo by Nathan/Mencken - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

AdriPrev wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:23 am Uploaded chapter 6, sped up the tempo of chapter 7.
And I don't hear the word "that" at 9:53 in chapter 5 (aka section 6). Can you double-check?
Having to wrap my mind around 6's and 7's this early in the morning. Chapter 6=Section 07. Chapter 7=Section 8. Okay, I think I've got it. :lol:
"that" is there, but it doesn't matter enough to bother with. I marked it PL OK.
Tempo much more in line with your usual. :thumbs:
I'll get to Section 7 later today, and then this project will be finished.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 7
Intro, should say Chapter 6
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

Corrected and re-uploaded section 7.
Adrienne "Adri" Prevost (she/her)
msfry

Post by msfry »

All sections are PL OK and this project is almost ready for take-off. But first, it's always a good idea to review your summary, revise as necessary based on what you've learned about the book after having read the whole thing, and notify your MC if you have made any changes from the original. The summary is often what entices people to read the book.
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

Okay, I made a couple additions to the summary:
The American Credo: A Contribution Toward the Interpretation of the National Mind is a commentary on US politics, specifically regarding the tribalism encouraged by politicians and religious leaders, the contradicting definitions of professed American ideals, and, further, the cyclical nature of human history itself.
msfry

Post by msfry »

AdriPrev wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:01 am Okay, I made a couple additions to the summary:
The American Credo: A Contribution Toward the Interpretation of the National Mind, published in 1920, is a commentary on US politics, specifically regarding the tribalism encouraged by politicians and religious leaders, the contradicting definitions of professed American ideals, and, further, the cyclical nature of human history itself.
You might want to add publication date (see above), which is very interesting to some people, and especially pertaining to this book, because it seems nothing about politics has changed much since then. :(
AdriPrev

Post by AdriPrev »

Oh, good idea!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sweet! Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-american-credo-by-h-l-mencken/

Great job, Adrienne and Michele! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!