[SOLO]The Marquis of Lossie, MacDonald-mtf

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » May 10th, 2021, 9:51 pm

Finally, chapter 27 is ready! I'm hoping that this means I'm out of my slump. :roll:

But I'm not as confident in my ability to do Malcolm-speaking-English-but-still-sounding-Scotch as I was. I'll try it on the next chapter, and if I succeed there, I don't think I can fail anywhere, because he's pretty talkative in this next one. :lol: Otherwise, I'll just keep on as I was before.

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » May 12th, 2021, 10:42 am

Yay - good to hear your voice again! PL OK.

Even if you don't end up settling into a new accent, the old way makes good listening. Either way will be great!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
Paul Faber, Surgeon by George MacDonald

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » May 15th, 2021, 7:33 pm

Ok, Hannah, here's my first installment of my Scotch-lite Malcolm voice. :wink: You also get my attempt at London Lenorme! :lol:

Chapter 28 is ready for PL!

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » May 21st, 2021, 6:25 pm

Success!! The distinct accents made the conversation so understandable and interesting! Great work!

And PL OK. :wink:
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » May 21st, 2021, 6:32 pm

Oh, I just remembered... I had to turn it up while listening... maybe somewhere around 2/3 of the way through? But since I am listening outdoors while painting a potted begonia, maybe it was due to a change in the breeze volume? I guess you could just peek at the waveform, and if you don't see it all grow softer for the last part, ignore this comment. :D
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: