[INTERVIEWS] Oscar Wilde: The Complete Interviews - jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara » May 6th, 2021, 2:58 pm

Hello, RobMarland and KevinS.

I've just dropped by to say a big THANK YOU to you both for your work on this amazing project.

I SO look forward to its completion! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jasna :D
Te invitamos a leer con nosotros! En Readers Wanted, Languages Other than English
Cuentos festivos para niños menores de 50 años
Viajes de Marco Polo Cuentos Ingenuos de Felipe Trigo

KevinS

Post by KevinS » May 6th, 2021, 3:17 pm

Dulcamara wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 2:58 pm

I've just dropped by to say a big THANK YOU to you both for your work on this amazing project.

Rob is doing all the work. He's doing a fine, fine job, too!
I've pinched a nerve in my neck. Ouch! Things have slowed down quite a bit I'm afraid. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland » May 6th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks. For some of the interviews, after recording I have found versions that were printed earlier and sometimes with more information. In those cases I have discarded my first recording and done another one. Of course, it is not ideal for me to ask for PL and then discard the recording, as I don’t want to waste your time, so where I have evidence that the version I have found is a reprint I have delayed recording it in hopes of finding the original. But sometimes it is not clear that an article is a reprint until I turn up an older version by chance.

There will also be occasions where the same section number is PLed twice because I have moved the sections around.
Last edited by RobMarland on May 6th, 2021, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Marland reader section | website

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland » May 6th, 2021, 9:35 pm

Dulcamara wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 2:58 pm

Thanks a lot! I’m very grateful that Kevin has stuck with the project for such a long time as it has continued to expand. The end is in sight!

KevinS

Post by KevinS » May 11th, 2021, 8:57 am

RobMarland wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 9:33 pm
Hi Kevin,

Thanks. For some of the interviews, after recording I have found versions that were printed earlier and sometimes with more information. In those cases I have discarded my first recording and done another one. Of course, it is not ideal for me to ask for PL and then discard the recording, as I don’t want to waste your time, so where I have evidence that the version I have found is a reprint I have delayed recording it in hopes of finding the original. But sometimes it is not clear that an article is a reprint until I turn up an older version by chance.

There will also be occasions where the same section number is PLed twice because I have moved the sections around.
Rob, I won't know that sections have been moved about without your telling me. I use the MW to guide my PLing.

In truth, I'm confused by what has happened with Section 142. Did you re-record the entire section? It is a new section?

I don't mind terribly, but this fluid means of arranging sections is rather hard to track.
I've pinched a nerve in my neck. Ouch! Things have slowed down quite a bit I'm afraid. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland » May 11th, 2021, 10:18 am

Hi Kevin,

I have had another look at my upload from early in the month. It seems I typed 142 but I meant 145.

I would not worry about the section numbers from last year (e.g. the 142 that Sean PLed that you quote), because they will be different now, after rearrangements.

Obviously it's a pain if I make a typo in the thread, but in general the rearrangements should not affect you because I only move sections about when it does not affect the numbering of files that are still to be PLed as OK.

KevinS

Post by KevinS » May 11th, 2021, 11:11 am

RobMarland wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 10:18 am
Hi Kevin,

I have had another look at my upload from early in the month. It seems I typed 142 but I meant 145.

I would not worry about the section numbers from last year (e.g. the 142 that Sean PLed that you quote), because they will be different now, after rearrangements.

Obviously it's a pain if I make a typo in the thread, but in general the rearrangements should not affect you because I only move sections about when it does not affect the numbering of files that are still to be PLed as OK.
Oh, I see. All is well then! (Please don't feel as though I am complaining; I'm enjoying the project!)

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland » May 12th, 2021, 12:33 am

No worries. It's good to be clear. We don't want to miss anything.