Ozoplaning with the Wizard of Oz - pc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 21st, 2021, 6:23 am

Chapters 4 ans 5 are PL OK.

After hurricane Irma Verizon put up a ton of 'hotspots' so we could have some internet access. I didn't use it often other than to check in with family but I'm sure a lot of people appreciated it.

I'm glad you are safe. :9:

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 21st, 2021, 3:18 pm

Chapter 6
0.12 there is ~6 seconds between intro and the story. This seems a bit long.

2:00 – missing text - "Skydragon!" he announced, after a brief glance at the gleaming shape drifting down through the fog. "Quick Hippen! Summon the Royal Blowmen! Back, stand back, you witless woffs! Do you wish to be crushed and eaten? Yon monster will alight on the North shore any moonite now!" At Strut's loud warning, half of his subjects took to their heels while the rest scurried round to the South side of the lake, every head turned up toward the mysterious dragon.
Only, of course, it was not a dragon.

9:27 repeat – Strut and his subjects wore belted tunics of some iridescent…

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » February 21st, 2021, 7:25 pm

Chapter 6 has been fixed and uploaded. I am surprised there were not more problems with this file so thanks for the careful listen. Editing without the text is harder than I imagined it would be.
All I'm saying is that the house doesn't fill up with annoying fruit flies when I buy donuts

Need Help? Check out these little videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 22nd, 2021, 3:24 pm

Chapter 7
3:19 word change (optional) - "Oh, I'm just Jellia Jam, Ozma's Chief Maid in Waiting," Jellia said as she trotted uneasily along at his side.
Recorded as tottered

7:48 pause seems a little long to my ear.

8:50 word change - "And I am its High and Mighty Sovereign, ruler of the Spikers who inhabit the strata below, and of the Zoomers who inhabit the strata above, and of all the other spheres and half-spheres in this particular area.
Recorded as species

12:42 stumble - and the staff immediately folded its wings.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » February 22nd, 2021, 10:50 pm

Chapter 7 has been fixed and uploaded. It was nice and cool today, wonderful weather again. :thumbs: Time for tea and bed soon.
All I'm saying is that the house doesn't fill up with annoying fruit flies when I buy donuts

Need Help? Check out these little videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 23rd, 2021, 12:44 pm

All seems to be returning to normal for you. :9:

I'm out of town until Monday. I'm taking my computer so I will still be able to PL. I'll be slow though so I understand if you need to get someone else and hurry this along.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » February 23rd, 2021, 2:05 pm

linny wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 12:44 pm
All seems to be returning to normal for you. :9:

I'm out of town until Monday. I'm taking my computer so I will still be able to PL. I'll be slow though so I understand if you need to get someone else and hurry this along.
Get someone else! HA! absolutely unthinkable! There is no rush about much in LibriVox and certainly not this. Be safe and whenever is fine. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » Yesterday, 6:46 pm

Thank you Phil. Tomorrow I’ll start figuring out just how behind I am. Tonight...I rest. :9: