[COMPLETE]SOLO Stories of the Scottish Border by Mr and Mrs William Platt - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

section 7 is PL OK!

can you upload 8 again, it will not play, and says there is an error.

Both of them are missing the 128kb in the url, that can be fixed at catalogueing, but try to remember it for future sections :)
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fiddlesticks wrote: November 27th, 2018, 11:39 amBoth of them are missing the 128kb in the url, that can be fixed at catalogueing, but try to remember it for future sections :)
thank you for being so vigilant, Tiffany :) I made a note in the MW, so I don't forget to change the name.

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/storiesofthescottishborder_08_platt.mp3

11 44

I have uploaded again. Unfortunately, the recording did not open in Audacity as a recent, so I was unable to save again with the missing information. The recording plays for me. Let me know if there's a problem.

Judith
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Works now, thanks! I will pl later tonight
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Great! Thanks for your patience! In a way I regret reading something that requires more flexibility of voice than I now have. May look at George Eliot next.
By the way, I belong to a private library in Newcastle which has a collection of rare old books. Does the book have to be available online to be recorded?
Thanks
Judith
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

8 is PL OK.

This was a few years ago, so I may be wrong, but once I was told you have to send a picture of the page that has the copyright info on it so that an MC can confirm it is a PD copy.
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Mmm. Thanks. I doubt whether a book published in the 18th or early 19th century has any copyright information printed on it. I will check with the library staff on copyright restrictions for rare early volumes.
Judith
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: November 29th, 2018, 8:50 pm Mmm. Thanks. I doubt whether a book published in the 18th or early 19th century has any copyright information printed on it. I will check with the library staff on copyright restrictions for rare early volumes.
Judith
probably not all, but I have seen some old books already and they often have a printing date in Latin numerals on the title page. It doesn't say copyright in our modern sense, but what we actually want is the publishing date, and this fits then.

Yes if you could at least scan the page with the publishing date, that would be helpful. But then again, the DPL also needs the book in case they want to check against the text. So the best thing would be to scan the whole book and upload it to archive, that way we're totally sure. Maybe libraries scan their old books nowadays, so maybe there is such a service in your library as well.

In fact, before you scan anything, check on archive.org, whether the book is not already online ;) I am always surprised by how much I find there. So many gems :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

filenames for Sections 6, 7 and 8 are now correct again. :)

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

storiesofthescottishborder_09_platt_128kb

11 mins 20 secs
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Sorry. Didn't write Ready for PL on Magic Window, and now I can't get back on.

J
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Managed it. Fingers crossed I have got my mojo back!
J
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 1:58 pm Managed it. Fingers crossed I have got my mojo back!
:lol: great to see you're back in the saddle, Judith. Let's wait for Tiffany to PL.

Sonia