[COMPLETE] Reports to Mass. Board of Educ. - Horace Mann - iq

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Here's Section 43 - (length 47:53)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/annualreportseducation_43_mann_128kb.mp3

I hope to send the remaining sections along in fairly quick succession this month. Still aiming to get this into the catalog in time for the start of the new school year in early September!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 43 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Thank you, Ann!

Here are two sections:
Section 44 - (length 50:13)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/annualreportseducation_44_mann_128kb.mp3

Section 45 - (length 59:30)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/annualreportseducation_45_mann_128kb.mp3

Thant's the end of the Eleventh Annual Report!
And now ... [drum roll] ... On to the Twelfth and Final Report!

I will finish this before school starts!

I have just discovered an incentive to help keep me on track, too! I've just seen that the topic for the next month's "Staff Picks" is going to be "Education". If I stick to it, and get this project finished in time, maybe it stands a chance of being on that list, so that potential listeners will be more likely to notice it and listen to it. Okay, so now I have a little "carrot" to keep me motivated!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Wow, nothing like a little pressure! Have you said anything in the thread about this project? You might consider it, just so that Ava is aware of it.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

No, I haven't posted anything to Ava yet. I was going to wait until I was sure the project was going to finish in time, as I'd feel silly to have "plugged" it and then something happens to delay it. When I'm down to the last section or two, I'll post the suggestion then.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 44 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Thank you, Ann!

Here's Section 47 - (length 58:34)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/annualreportseducation_47_mann_128kb.mp3

I hope you're not in the way of all these terrible fires I am reading about this summer! A friend of mine who was visiting Colorado said that the smoke is all over the western states this year. I hope you get some weather relief soon! Too bad we can't send you some of the rain we've been getting here in New York, where it might really do some good. Anyway, I hope you stay safe!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 45 is PL OK!

The fires have not been bad in my area of California this year, yet. Fire season is just getting started here, and it could be bad since we had a good amount of rain last winter. It has been hazy, but not nearly as bad this year. With that huge fire in Ventura and Santa Barabara, we were very smoky last year. It would be nice if you could send that rain over this way, I have been waiting for someone to do that! Oh well, I heard we are supposed to have a rainy winter this year.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

I hope you get your rainy winter - (though not too excessively rainy!)
Thanks for the PL! I've got the next section read, but too late to edit tonight. My next day off from work will be Thursday, so you may expect to see me here again then!
Maria
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 46 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 47 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Thanks, Ann!
I'm editing Section 49 now, and hope to have it done in another 25-30 minutes, so I can upload it before I head off to sleep tonight. Snack break now, and then edit, edit, edit away!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Here's Section 49 - (length 63:38)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/annualreportseducation_49_mann_128kb.mp3

This section ran about 3 minutes longer than the usual 1-hour cutoff. But I have heard that anything under 72 minutes is acceptable. This section was 14 pages of text, and there are exactly 14 pages remaining for the final section, so it will also probably run a couple of minutes longer than an hour. The alternative would be to have a 51st section of only 6-8 minutes, which would be weird and random. I like the notion of ending up with exactly 50 sections, so if you are okay with the slight extra length, I'll plan on leaving it like that.

Anyway -- Woo Hoo! -- One more section and this will be done! I've got the cover ready to go, except for the final run time. I'll head over to the cover makers thread and pre-claim the cover now, before I forget. And I think I might also safely go put in this suggestion on the staff picks thread, as I'm now quite confident of finishing this by the end of the month. I will be free for several hours on Sunday afternoon, and also on Monday night, so I hope to get that last section uploaded by the end of Monday at the latest.