COMPLETE [PORTUGUESE] O Cortiço, by Aluísio Azevedo-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

O Cortiço by Aluísio Azevedo (1857 - 1913).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/o-cortico-by-aluisio-azevedo/

Nesse Romance Naturalista, Aluísio Azevedo, autor de origem maranhense, expõe as nuances comportamentais da classe menos privilegiada da sociedade carioca no final do século XIX. A miséria, a falta de escrúpulos e a exploração humana são alguns dos pontos trabalhados pelo escritor nessa obra até hoje influente, lida por estudantes e cobrada em exames para ingresso nas principais Universidades brasileiras. ( Adriana Sacciotto)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://digital.bbm.usp.br/handle/bbm/4817
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of O Cortiço. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "O Cortiço, by Aluísio Azevedo. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of O Cortiço by Aluísio Azevedo. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of O Cortiço, by Aluísio Azevedo. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename cortico_##_azevedo_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. cortiço_01_azevedo_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by sacciotto on April 28th, 2018, 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sacciotto,

I would be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, MaryAnn, :D

I was able to record the first chapter, thank Lord! Well, I still have to do the editing, that's why I haven't uploaded it yet: a job for tomorrow, which is today here, but later! :lol:
Bedtime now,

See you,

Sacciotto
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, MaryAnn! :D

Here Am I with the first chapter - 38:33
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/cortico_01_azevedo_128kb.mp3

Thank you very much for being helping me with this.

Hugs,

Sacciotto
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sacciotto,

That's great! I'll post an advert for a DPL.

[Unfortunately, my Portuguese is limited to Bon dia and Obrigato.]

MaryAnn
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, MaryAnn!

That's ok, we all have our limits. "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects". (Will Rogers)
Thank you, anyways, for your support!
Have a nice Sunday.

Regards,

Sacciotto
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, dear Brazilian fellows! Hello, dear Sonia! :D

I'm back to life! What a long break! I have been absent minding my new microphone, which didn't work at all. Yes, I had to turn it back to the seller, unfortunately. The only way of keeping it, would be buying a Mac or an IPad. I don't have the spare money by now, so I had to keep on using my old fellow dynamic mic, instead of a wonderful condenser Apogee 96k. What a pity, what a pity!... :cry:
Well, I'll look for another good mic to replace that one.

For now, here's my chapter number two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cortico_02_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 28:51

I need to run with my recordings, because I feel myself falling behind.

Hugs,

Adriana
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Adriana,

Falling behind? Girlfriend, you set the schedule! No need to put extra pressure on yourself.

Sorry that the new mic was such a trouble. Sometimes old friends are best.

MaryAnn
Shphynx

Post by Shphynx »

Oi Adriana. Eu sou nova aqui e ainda não encontrei um projeto, mas quero muito ajudar o site.. posso começar sendo sua PL :)
E acho que vou acabar sendo só PL mesmo porque todo mundo aqui tem voz bonita. A minha, nem eu aguento rs
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Shphynx - Very few people like to listen to their own voice. Mine sounds so different than it sounds within my head!
We have a guide for proof listeners here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guia_para_Revisores_de_%C3%81udio_(Proof-listeners)

Adriana - I am afraid you uploaded section 2 to Kitty's folder. It should go in my folder. Can you please upload it again so that it doesn't get lost?

MaryAnn

Google says:
Shphynx - muito poucas pessoas gostam de ouvir sua própria voz. O meu parece tão diferente do que parece dentro da minha cabeça!
Temos um guia para os ouvintes da prova aqui: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guia_para_Revisores_de_%C3%81udio_(Proof-listeners)

Adriana - Receio que você tenha enviado a seção 2 para a pasta de Kitty. Deve ir na minha pasta. Você pode, por favor, enviá-lo novamente para que ele não se perca?

Mary Ann
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: April 26th, 2018, 12:03 pm Adriana - I am afraid you uploaded section 2 to Kitty's folder. It should go in my folder. Can you please upload it again so that it doesn't get lost?

MaryAnn
Oh, sorry for that, MaryAnn! Me and my mistakes... I'm always in a rush doing million of different activities. The latest one was about making my own furniture: a wardrobe! LOL We have to challenge ourselves once and a while. Unfortunately, I haven't won the mic battle yet. This has been a hard fight. Anyways, I'll make it sooner or later.

Here's the link to chapter 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/cortico_02_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 28:51
Shphynx wrote: April 26th, 2018, 8:51 am Oi Adriana. Eu sou nova aqui e ainda não encontrei um projeto, mas quero muito ajudar o site.. posso começar sendo sua PL
E acho que vou acabar sendo só PL mesmo porque todo mundo aqui tem voz bonita. A minha, nem eu aguento rs
Que legal poder contar com você, Shphynx! Gratidão. :clap:

Olha, eu confesso pra ti que nunca gostei de me ouvir, até que de tanto as pessoas martelarem que adoravam meu som, que acabei convencida de que havia algo tão exótico nesse meu sonido que passava do estranho ao agradável. kkkkkkk
Cheguei até a gravar cantando, tamanha minha ousadia depois desses elogios malucos. kkkkkkk
Mas, mais importante do que o som da voz, creio que seja a dicção e a interpretação, a entonação. Uma narração requer clareza e expressividade para que o ouvinte entenda bem a mensagem e se prenda à história.

Sucesso em seu trabalho como PL, e divirta-se! Afinal, aqui nós trabalhamos e nos deleitamos.

Abraços a tod@s! Many hugs, :9:

Adriana Sacciotto
Shphynx

Post by Shphynx »

Thank you both for your replies! I will start listening now!
Just one thing: the link to the text posted in the thread isn't for "O Cortiço".. https://digital.bbm.usp.br/handle/bbm/6696
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Shphynx wrote: April 27th, 2018, 1:09 pm Thank you both for your replies! I will start listening now!
Just one thing: the link to the text posted in the thread isn't for "O Cortiço"
Sorry for the inconvenient, Shphynx! I was about to read that book, and then I made a mistake when attaching the link. It's supposed to be ok now. Thank you for warning me.

Have a nice weekend everyone! :9:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Shphynx,

I have added you as DPL. After you listen to a section, you need to change the "status" in the MW to either "see PL notes" or "PL OK".

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!)

If you have any trouble accessing the MW, please let us know and we will help you out.

MaryAnn
Shphynx

Post by Shphynx »

Oi Adriana!

A sua leitura é ótima e a entonação que usa deixa a história ainda mais interessante kkk ouvi lendo para avaliar logo tudo..
Esse é o meu primeiro PL e sei que só devia fazer marcações nos pontos que você pediu, mas a sua leitura é tão boa, que não podemos desperdiçar o potencial de sair um audiobook perfeito, não acha? Kkkkk
Destarte marquei os conflitos que encontrei, mesmo sem você pedir ;)
No capítulo I, a partir do minuto 34:00, o microfone começou a fazer barulho de vez em quando.. Não sei como se arruma isso.. O capítulo II não tem chiado nenhum:) mas é bom sempre lembrar de usar o microfone um pouco de lado para que os sons do P e do B não fiquem muito marcados no fone.
Não sei onde é que devo colocar a análise (pelo que entendi, parece que é aqui mesmo kk), espero que seja assim que se faz um PL
Coloquei o tempo; como está escrito no livro do qual você mandou o link; e a observação.

Pontos que requerem revisão

0:33 inserir "Capítulo I" (como pede lá em cima para dizer duas vezes.. :hmm: kkk)

I
5:05 "um baú grande" - digitação (não encontrei referência à palavra usada no livro -babú-, e nas versões recentes está escrito baú)

5:58 "vinte mil réis à peste do cego" - pareceu a voz do google kkk

6:33 "que ele entendeu de pespegar-lhe" - palavra

27:26 "como essas coisas se furtavam" - palavra

29:36 "das suas hortas recolhia para si" - palavra

33:52 "parar às mãos do velhaco" – palavra

34:02 - chiado

34:23 até 34:26 - chiado

34:55 - chiado

35:00 - chiado

35:15 - chiado

35:39 até 35:59 - chiado

37:28 - 37:33 - chiado

37:49 - "revérbero" - pronúncia

38:33 - 5 segundos de silêncio

Capítulo II

10:06 "que ia sempre com o Miranda" - falta palavra

10:34 "reclamava-a de D. Estella" - palavra

10:41 "na conta do fazendeiro com uma comissão de usurário" - falta parte da sentença

11:51 "atracações: Oia, que eu me quexo ao juiz" - palavra

15:26 "desabafava" - palavra

18:51 "os militares não se recolhessem" - palavra

22:19 "lhe dizia contra o outro” – palavra

22:56 " sem tugir nem mugir" – palavra

28:51 5 segundos de silêncio