Four Novels

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

I was looking at the advertisements at the end of the book I just finished and found the following novels recommended. I thought I could post them here. Excuse the bad OCR.

A DOUBLE KNOT. By G. MANVILLE FENN

THE QUIET MRS. FLEMING: "An Open Mystery" By RICHARD PRYCE

ELSA. A Novel. By E. M'QUEEN GRAY.
‘A charming novel. The characters are not only powerful sketches, but minutely and carefully finished portraits.’—Gnardr'an. ‘ A very picturesque and interesting story. As good a tale as we have read for some times—Spectator. ‘ We cordially recommend this eminently readable fiction.’—Daz’ly Telegraph. ‘Charming scenes, bright conversations, excellent studies of character.’-—Antr'- Jaeobz'n. ‘ A book which is full of good things, and far beyond the average novel in cleverness, knowledge of life, and skilful delineation of characterJ—Mnrraj: Magazine.
A REVEREND GENTLEMAN. By J. MACLAREN COBBAN
‘ The best work Mr. Cobban has yet achieved. The Rev. W. Merrydew is a brilliant creation. '—Natz'onal Observer. ‘There is abundance of clever things in this book, and the studies of character are striking, and even powerful. '—St. James’: Gazette. ‘ One of the subtlest studies of character outside Meredith.’—Star."