Historic Oddities and Strange Events by S. Baring-Gould

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/44245
A reader of history in its various epochs in different countries, comes upon eccentric individuals and extraordinary events, lightly passed over, may be, as not materially affecting the continuity of history, as not producing any seriously disturbing effect on its course. Such persons, such events have always awakened interest in myself, and when I have come on them, it has been my pleasure to obtain such details concerning them as were available, and which would be out of place in a general history as encumbering it with matter that is unimportant, or of insufficient importance to occupy much space.
"‘ A collection of exciting and entertaining chapters. The whole volume is delightful reading. ’— Times. ‘ The work, besides being agreeable to read, is valuable for purposes of reference. The entire contents are stimulating and delightful. '-Notcs and Queries"
The Disappearance of Bathurst, 1
The Duchess of Kingston, 26
General Mallet, 51
Schweinichen's Memoirs, 67
The Locksmith Gamain, 83
Abram the Usurer, 103
Sophie Apitzsch, 121
Peter Nielsen, 136
The Wonder-working Prince Hohenlohe, 164
The Snail Telegraph, 185
The Countess Goerlitz, 199
A Wax and Honey-Moon, 234
The Electress' Plot, 257
Suess Oppenheim, 271
Ignatius Fessler, 294
Medieval History Volume 02 The Rise of the Saracens and the Foundation of the Western Empire 99% 1 left! "The Carlovingian Revolution, and Frankish Intervention in Italy Part 3 by G. L. Burr"
DPL DPL 27 19 43