List of Unrecorded Horror, Ghost Stories and Weird Tales: Short Story Collections

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Black, White and Brindled, by Eden Phillpotts, has just been posted! viewtopic.php?p=2086984#p2086984
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

icequeen wrote: August 17th, 2022, 9:08 pm Black, White and Brindled, by Eden Phillpotts, has just been posted! viewtopic.php?p=2086984#p2086984
Excellent! I'll mark it as adopted!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

I just updated the OP with some more Women in Weird Fiction entries for anyone interested in them.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've marked a couple that were already in the catalogue. There may be more , that's just some I was aware of.

Anne
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: November 18th, 2022, 7:36 pm I've marked a couple that were already in the catalogue. There may be more , that's just some I was aware of.

Anne
How did you mark them? I just glanced through the list and didn't see any marked in any way. I definitely want to remove any already recorded. Which ones were they?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

msfry

Post by msfry »

flavo5000 wrote: December 31st, 2021, 6:44 am Ok, cool. I'll mark it as adopted and remove it once you complete it.
Maybe the claimed ones could just go to the bottom of the list with the date claimed, rather than actually "removed", or color coded somehow when claimed and when catalogued.
You have generated an enormous body of work here, Ben, which ought to be preserved, I'm thinking, in the spirit of "We've come a long way, baby."
Also, this serves as an example and an inspiration of how other genres could be sussed out and unrecorded pieces advertised by other enthusiasts.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

msfry wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:13 pm
flavo5000 wrote: December 31st, 2021, 6:44 am Ok, cool. I'll mark it as adopted and remove it once you complete it.
Maybe the claimed ones could just go to the bottom of the list with the date claimed, rather than actually "removed", or color coded somehow when claimed and when catalogued.
You have generated an enormous body of work here, Ben, which ought to be preserved, I'm thinking, in the spirit of "We've come a long way, baby."
Also, this serves as an example and an inspiration of how other genres could be sussed out and unrecorded pieces advertised by other enthusiasts.
Well, the problem is that I've hit the max length of the first post, and there are actually other collections I'd like to add. So unless I remove them as they're recorded, I won't be able to add them without creating another thread (and we already have 3 weird fiction threads as it is. I wouldn't want to confuse people even more.)
msfry

Post by msfry »

flavo5000 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:15 pm
msfry wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:13 pm
Well, the problem is that I've hit the max length of the first post, and there are actually other collections I'd like to add. So unless I remove them as they're recorded, I won't be able to add them without creating another thread (and we already have 3 weird fiction threads as it is. I wouldn't want to confuse people even more.)
Well, then, at least I hope you are transferring the deleted ones to an ongoing list outside the forum, maybe a Google doc, for historical purposes.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I suppose it is a matter of opinion but the thread is labeled
BOOK SUGGESTIONS
not
The complete works of.... .
The 2 I marked have been in the catalogue a long time - 2015 I think one was. If they are not kept up to date all the lists become useless.
The first Sci Fi one I remember was maintained in our wiki - which seems to me to have been a good idea.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:49 pm If they are not kept up to date all the lists become useless.
The first Sci Fi one I remember was maintained in our wiki - which seems to me to have been a good idea.

Anne
Hardly useless, as an historical matter, and of inspiring some other volunteer how such a cache may be generated. Ben had a fore-runner to emulate. Creating a Wiki might be a good idea. Anyway, I've said all I'm going to say on this.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:49 pm I suppose it is a matter of opinion but the thread is labeled
BOOK SUGGESTIONS
not
The complete works of.... .
The 2 I marked have been in the catalogue a long time - 2015 I think one was. If they are not kept up to date all the lists become useless.

Anne
FYI, the two you marked are in a post later in the thread by someone else that I can't edit. So I'm afraid I wouldn't have the ability to remove recorded entries even if I wanted to. The first post that I maintain should be kept up to date though.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

flavo5000 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:15 pm Well, the problem is that I've hit the max length of the first post, and there are actually other collections I'd like to add. So unless I remove them as they're recorded, I won't be able to add them without creating another thread (and we already have 3 weird fiction threads as it is. I wouldn't want to confuse people even more.)
If you'd still like to keep the "completed" titles, you can use your second post in the thread to add those viewtopic.php?p=1977687#p1977687
It does make for more work, but it serves well if you want to keep the lists as historical records of what's been done since the first post. Just a thought!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Rapunzelina wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:35 am
flavo5000 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:15 pm Well, the problem is that I've hit the max length of the first post, and there are actually other collections I'd like to add. So unless I remove them as they're recorded, I won't be able to add them without creating another thread (and we already have 3 weird fiction threads as it is. I wouldn't want to confuse people even more.)
If you'd still like to keep the "completed" titles, you can use your second post in the thread to add those viewtopic.php?p=1977687#p1977687
It does make for more work, but it serves well if you want to keep the lists as historical records of what's been done since the first post. Just a thought!
This is true. I might do that going forward. Although I don't think I'll go back and try to figure out what has already been recorded from the list.