Antonina;Or,The Fall Of Rome By Wilkie Collins

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

This is the first published book by William Wilkie Collins'.I searched all books under Wilkie Collins name on Librivox but,didn't find it.Here,Is the Project Gutenberg Link to The Book:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3606
Last edited by AdhiraamBose on July 29th, 2021, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeilJaybe

Post by NeilJaybe »

Thanks! If I'm accepted I'll give it a shot! :-)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We do recommend that new readers do a couple sections in group projects before moving on to a solo project.

This is to make sure you know what you're getting into. Recording a whole book isn't as easy as it seems at first. Editing can often can take up to 5 times as long as recording does. In my experience, a ballpark estimate of 95% of brand new readers who start with a solo end up quitting before finishing. Not only that, you're basically alone in a solo: you are the coordinator (in charge of updating the Magic Window), and unless you have a very friendly DPL, you won't get much encouragement while doing your solo.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I would also not recommend starting with this particular book as a solo. It will be around 13 hours long when completed, not something for the faint of heart.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
NeilJaybe

Post by NeilJaybe »

Ah, ok, thanks for the tips. Maybe I should walk before I try running, huh? :-)