The Inaugural Addresses by the Presidents of the United States

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
NicholiVolta

Post by NicholiVolta »

This is a project I'm honestly kind of surprised hasn't been done already. I'm surprised that there as been a project where one person has done all of the Farwell and Last Addresses of the Presidents, and an ongoing collaborative project for the State of the Union Addresses, but still nothing in the works for the inaugural addresses. I'd like to specify, I do think it is good that those other speeches are being done. I think they less obvious ones to do, and the State of the Union addresses in particular are more substantial than inaugural addresses, but given that inaugural addresses are the first speeches a president makes, I'd of figured they'd of been some of the first speeches someone would of tried to coordinate a collaborative project for.

I would want to do it myself, but I'm too new, and too long disconnected from LibriVox volunteering to tackle such a project. The next best thing, however, would be to inspire someone else to take up the project. If anyone has been inspired by this post, here is a good place to find links to most of the inaugural address: https://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/inaug.asp. This doesn't have Trump's and Biden's, but it has all of them before then.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
NicholiVolta

Post by NicholiVolta »

Thank you TriciaG!
hunterv

Post by hunterv »

I am a newbie and just uploaded my 1-minute test. I would be interested in working on this project.
Victoria Hunter
NicholiVolta

Post by NicholiVolta »

hunterv wrote: April 27th, 2021, 4:46 pm I am a newbie and just uploaded my 1-minute test. I would be interested in working on this project.
Hello Huntery. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm, but it is important to note that this project is not yet in the works. It's currently only an idea. If you want to see projects that are already established, and looking for readers, go to one of the "Readers Wanted" sections on the forum. What this project needs right now is a book coordinator. Those are people who start and oversee the creation of a collaborative book. For more information about the role of book coordinator, you can look at this link: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

Generally, book coordinator seem to be more experienced in LibriVox. It doesn't seem like a great idea for someone just getting started to try to become one. However, if there are some inaugural addresses you really want to do, I recommend you contact this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86816 . This is short, nonfiction collection suited for things like inaugural addresses. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or the people at the nonfiction thread!
hunterv

Post by hunterv »

I appreciate so much for your clarification and guidance. Obviously, I learning how to use the platform.
Victoria Hunter