A Boquet Of Flowers In Rhyme On The Liquor Trade by Reverend H.W. Hampe

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
ObscureAudioHistory

Post by ObscureAudioHistory »

A small pamphlet written by Reverend H.W. Hampe on the duty and work of the Gospel Ministry to "strike at the root of all evils in Church", one being the liquor trade, and the need for all to be independent from "King Alcohol".

From the Kansas Memory - https://www.kansasmemory.org/item/212006

This book/pamphlet was published in 1890. As such the copyright would have been long expired by now however even then I'm confident there is not single person alive to dispute this regardless. The pamphlet is a quick read as I'm already through the preface, introduction and first poem. it lends an interesting view into the thought process of advocates for prohibition in the United States. I just need some help submitting as this is my first time doing this on librivox.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Welcome to LibriVox.

This looks like a good choice for a first solo.

However, before going any further, please complete and get an OK on a one-minute test to check your technical settings. It's not an audition, but to simply confirm that your files meet our requirements. Post your test in the Listeners Wanted Forum and an experienced LVer will have a listen and check the specs for you. We recommend you do this even if you have recording and editing experience. It

1-Minute Test

Also as a new reader, we strongly recommend that you record a section or two in group projects before embarking on a solo, so that you can get a sense of the amount of time and effort a commitment to a solo recording would entail, as well as become a little familiar with the community here and our process for submitting files, prooflistening, etc. As a soloist, you will be responsible not only for recording and editing all the sections, but you will also be your own book coordinator (BC) which means you will be responsible for entering all the information (titles, time, links) into the workflow system.

Once you are have completed the above, you can find the instructions for launching your solo here in the LaunchPad at this link: Want to start a solo recording?

Meanwhile, this thread will be moved to Book Suggestions once you have seen this post.
Jo
ObscureAudioHistory

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 13th, 2021, 1:57 pm Welcome to LibriVox.

This looks like a good choice for a first solo.

However, before going any further, please complete and get an OK on a one-minute test to check your technical settings. It's not an audition, but to simply confirm that your files meet our requirements. Post your test in the Listeners Wanted Forum and an experienced LVer will have a listen and check the specs for you. We recommend you do this even if you have recording and editing experience. It

1-Minute Test

Also as a new reader, we strongly recommend that you record a section or two in group projects before embarking on a solo, so that you can get a sense of the amount of time and effort a commitment to a solo recording would entail, as well as become a little familiar with the community here and our process for submitting files, prooflistening, etc. As a soloist, you will be responsible not only for recording and editing all the sections, but you will also be your own book coordinator (BC) which means you will be responsible for entering all the information (titles, time, links) into the workflow system.

Once you are have completed the above, you can find the instructions for launching your solo here in the LaunchPad at this link: Want to start a solo recording?

Meanwhile, this thread will be moved to Book Suggestions once you have seen this post.
Ok I'm finished the test and just need approval
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You haven't shared the uploader link anywhere. :) From the wiki instructions:
Copy the link it provides when the upload is complete, and post it in a new thread in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. Please include the recording software (Audacity, Garage Band), operating system (Windows or Mac) and mic type (USB or Analog) you are using in the post as this will help us giving advice that is tailored to your problem.

1. If you've already claimed a section and your Book Coordinator has asked you to post in the project thread, first post the link above in Listeners and Editors Wanted as above. Then post in the project thread with the URL to the thread you just created. Just ask if you're not sure.
2. Don't forget to post the link to your test in the forum - if you don't, no one will know that you have uploaded your test!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ObscureAudioHistory

TriciaG wrote: March 13th, 2021, 3:00 pm
You haven't shared the uploader link anywhere. :) From the wiki instructions:
Copy the link it provides when the upload is complete, and post it in a new thread in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. Please include the recording software (Audacity, Garage Band), operating system (Windows or Mac) and mic type (USB or Analog) you are using in the post as this will help us giving advice that is tailored to your problem.

1. If you've already claimed a section and your Book Coordinator has asked you to post in the project thread, first post the link above in Listeners and Editors Wanted as above. Then post in the project thread with the URL to the thread you just created. Just ask if you're not sure.
2. Don't forget to post the link to your test in the forum - if you don't, no one will know that you have uploaded your test!
Ok NOW I submitted it, made the necessary adjustments, and received a confirmation that it was adequate -> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=86253