What books do you want to be read?

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
FelicityMafua44

Post by FelicityMafua44 » October 9th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Hey, I'm new here and am wondering what books/other works you want to be read or read again. Any popular classic you would love to here a new/better rendition of?

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 9th, 2020, 4:34 pm

LV never produces "better" versions of anything - the word to use is different :D
Maybe when you are ready to do a solo you will have found an author you like with a book we haven't recorded yet. And if there is one thing I would pass onto all readers - read things you love or things you feel expand our catalogue - it makes for a better reading because listeners can tell from the reading :D
It's a lot of work reading a whole book - it does seem easy I know.

Anne

FelicityMafua44

Post by FelicityMafua44 » October 9th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Haha, yea I meant 'better' as in maybe it was incomplete or not to you're liking- anyway, thank you!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » October 9th, 2020, 8:16 pm

You can always comb through this Suggestions forum to find something that hasn't been done before. There's a little bit of something for everyone.

But it's a good idea to start out with a few sections in a group project before setting out on your own. It helps you to know what you're getting yourself into. :) I hope you have fun here!

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 9th, 2020, 8:55 pm

I suppose what I should have said in answer to "books/other works you want to be read" the various "readers wanted" forums are full of projects who all want readers and will welcome you and help to get started :D So you don't need to find new projects just yet - there is a great variety of projects waiting for your claim

Anne

FelicityMafua44

Post by FelicityMafua44 » October 10th, 2020, 9:12 am

Thanks you guys, but with so many audiobooks out for multiple novels, what are the chances of my audiobook being heard at all?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 10th, 2020, 9:38 am

Who knows? We record 'em; we don't worry too much about how many hear 'em. 8-)

I think a book would get more listeners if it were not a multiple version, but one by perhaps a well-known author but not yet recorded. A "version 4" of something may be overlooked, but a listener deciding to listen to all of a certain author's works will download a "version 1" of something more obscure by that author.
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia