The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
ryfink

Post by ryfink »

Hi,

I’d like to suggest The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort:

https://archive.org/details/St.LouisMarieDeMontfortTheSecretOfTheRosary/mode/2up

It’s arguably the greatest book ever written on the rosary. I believe the link above is the full, unabridged, version, but I’m not sure.

Thanks! :thumbs:
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

That is a great suggestion, but unfortunately not a useable text. It is a typed out text, not a scan of the book, and there is no copyright or publication info provided.

I did some searching, and it does appear that there was an English translation in 1954, which is most likely where this text came from. The translation is more than likely still under copyright. I have not been able to find a useable text, or any information on an earlier translation. We would need it to be from 1924 or before.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ryfink

Post by ryfink »

Thank you, Maria and Kevin!

Kevin, do you think anyone else would be interested in doing the book you mentioned? It looks like it would be fun.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ryfink wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 11:26 am Thank you, Maria and Kevin!

Kevin, do you think anyone else would be interested in doing the book you mentioned? It looks like it would be fun.
I'd do it in a heartbeat if I were only caught up on my current projects.

Why don't you record it? Have you much experience? (You are new to me, I think.) I could always BC the work for you, or at least show you how that's done.