Harmonium by Wallace Stevens

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 10th, 2019, 5:41 pm

So, I like Stevens very much and I see that most, if not all, his poems in this collection (1923) have already been recorded. Someone collected the poems that were published in various magazines before Harmonium was issued and LibriVox volunteers recorded them.

I like the idea of actual books of poetry being recorded and not their pieces alone. (Don't get me wrong; I love the collections of various poems and authors recorded on LibriVox.) What I mean, is that I like being able to see and hear the poems that appeared in a particular book at a particular time.

Does anyone else see value in this?
"E agora, José?"

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » December 10th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Go with your thoughts. If you think it's worth doing or even if you want to do it, that's a good enough reason to go ahead. LV isn't about popularity, it's about readers.
Trust your judgment - nobody can really say what will be "popular".
If you wanted a group rendition you may find your thoughts don't coincide with others, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Anne

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 10th, 2019, 6:31 pm

annise wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Go with your thoughts. If you think it's worth doing or even if you want to do it, that's a good enough reason to go ahead. LV isn't about popularity, it's about readers.
If you wanted a group rendition you may find your thoughts don't coincide with others, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Anne
I think you're right. It will be a project for next year. (I better start making my list!)
"E agora, José?"

Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 » December 13th, 2019, 1:37 am

annise wrote:

Anne
Agree with you, Anne. Ask 3 people, you'll get 3 different responses.
If you want to do it, Kevin, then do it.
regards
Jane Bennett

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 13th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 1:37 am
annise wrote:

Anne
Agree with you, Anne. Ask 3 people, you'll get 3 different responses.
If you want to do it, Kevin, then do it.
Thank you!
"E agora, José?"