Young's Literal Translation of the NT

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom » December 13th, 2019, 4:46 pm

KevinS wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:35 pm
AlongsideMom wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:18 pm
KevinS wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Yay! What would you like to do?

I'll let you in on a secret first. I'm hoping we do each of the four gospels in one voice. I'm doing Mark first, but others could jump in a take a gospel for themselves.

Or, as an alternative, I think Acts could be read in, say, three parts and as a quick group project.

Tricia's ideas are always welcome, of course.

If you've never run your own project, now is the time! I will be very, very happy to help! (Nothing is ever hard when one is not alone.)
Ok, that all sounds great! Thanks for the input from you and Tricia! I actually have been wanting to learn how to do a solo project but have no clue. I’m open to suggestions on which book...I could even start at the other end and start with Revelation! I like Revelation. 😁
Revelation is longer, of course, than some of the epistles, but that should not be a problem.

Do you want to read the whole book or make it a group project?

Regardless, I would like to recommend dividing the book as did Mark for the KJV. https://librivox.org/revelation-king-james-version/
I think I’ll go ahead and take it on as a solo, and I’ll divide the sections to be the 22 chapters like Mark did...if you could direct me as to how to begin/go about a solo project I’d love to begin learning how to do that.
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 13th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Here's a whole post with a bunch of info about soloing: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513

Bible books are special. Put in the version as the author. (Start typing "young's literal translation" and it should pop up as one of the options.) The rest of it, fill in as well as you can, post the resulting code as a new post in the Launch Pad, and your MC will finesse it into shape. :)
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK

KevinS

Post by KevinS » December 13th, 2019, 5:00 pm

AlongsideMom wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:46 pm

I think I’ll go ahead and take it on as a solo, and I’ll divide the sections to be the 22 chapters like Mark did...if you could direct me as to how to begin/go about a solo project I’d love to begin learning how to do that.
Cool!

It's actually easier as a solo. (Not by much, but you can work at your own speed.)

Find the template for a solo project and fill it out the best you can.

The text I am using is found here: https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n774

You can record any PD version you wish, but this project I'm working on is to complete Mark's work with Young's translation.

One thing, the template will ask if there is a separate preface or some such thing. In this case, there is a prologue but one would consider it an integral part of the book. So, no, there is no separate section for an introduction etc.

You'll need to ask for 22 sections.

Before you try the template, please look here at my Mark project. Tricia has good advice here. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=77445

Ask should you have any questions, please!
"E agora, José?"

AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom » December 13th, 2019, 5:03 pm

TriciaG wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:59 pm
Here's a whole post with a bunch of info about soloing: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513

Bible books are special. Put in the version as the author. (Start typing "young's literal translation" and it should pop up as one of the options.) The rest of it, fill in as well as you can, post the resulting code as a new post in the Launch Pad, and your MC will finesse it into shape. :)
Thank you so much, Tricia! I’m super excited 🙌 :)
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom » December 15th, 2019, 12:16 pm

KevinS wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 5:00 pm
AlongsideMom wrote:
December 13th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Cool!

It's actually easier as a solo. (Not by much, but you can work at your own speed.)

Find the template for a solo project and fill it out the best you can.

The text I am using is found here: https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n774

You can record any PD version you wish, but this project I'm working on is to complete Mark's work with Young's translation.

One thing, the template will ask if there is a separate preface or some such thing. In this case, there is a prologue but one would consider it an integral part of the book. So, no, there is no separate section for an introduction etc.

You'll need to ask for 22 sections.

Before you try the template, please look here at my Mark project. Tricia has good advice here. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=77445

Ask should you have any questions, please!
Thank you for all of your help! I filled in the template form using all of your recommendations, and then came to the page where I am to copy the whole text...now, what would I do next?
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 15th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Go to the New Projects Launch Pad, click on New Thread, and paste the info in the new post.

(Be sure to put a subject to the thread.). :)
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK

AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom » December 15th, 2019, 1:50 pm

TriciaG wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 12:21 pm
Go to the New Projects Launch Pad, click on New Thread, and paste the info in the new post.

(Be sure to put a subject to the thread.). :)
Thank you!!
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com