Two books by Anna Katharine Green

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 20th, 2019, 9:42 pm

You need to link to the Haithi scans as I said - Google is prone to not let non USA residents view the files. Or require a log on

Anne

Torquill

Post by Torquill » October 20th, 2019, 9:51 pm

That's what I meant by referring to GBooks "or a mirror". I think Haithi is simply mirroring the Google Books scans on a server available to everyone.

--Sam

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 21st, 2019, 3:44 am

What I'm taking from this is that if I want to initiate a new project on LV to get these books read, I just need to provide links to the Google scans, and we're good to go. Is that correct? (I hope so, as that's a much lower bar than the PG process would be... :) )
It depends on what you mean by "initiate".

If you're just suggesting/requesting audiobooks, then you're dependent on either a soloist or group book coordinator catching your vision and setting up the project. If you look here in Book Suggestions, we have over 1000 threads requesting or suggesting different works to be made into audio. Some take a day or two to be begun as a project; some take years. Some may not happen at all.

If you are willing to coordinate a group project, then that would set the project in motion. But that requires a time commitment and knowledge of how things work around here. Here are a couple wiki articles for more information:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=How_LibriVox_Works
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

Torquill

Post by Torquill » October 21st, 2019, 2:44 pm

I just wanted to make sure that there were no legal hurdles to starting a project. I'm aware of the pile of things available for reading projects; I might volunteer to read it myself, or start talking to folks and get a group together. But there was no point in starting on all that if we couldn't actually put the recording up when it's done.

I may not have been active here for a few years, but I'm not entirely new to the process.

--Sam

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 22nd, 2019, 5:27 am

Okay, just checking. There are plenty of people who think that in posting a work to Book Suggestions, it enters some sort of project queue. Sorry I didn't notice your signup date. :)

There are no legal hurdles for these two works; anyone can start them at any time. :)