News articles following the Paris Peace Conference 1919-20

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm thinking about launching this topic as a group project, though I anticipate doing at the very least, half of the recording. It's something that I've wanted to do for at least two months, but it just slipped away from me. But it is still the centenary of this great event/process/whatever-one-should-call-it.

My thinking is vague at this point, but I thought I would read articles from the N.Y. Times---I will purchase access to their archive---and others might help with readings I find from others sources which are free to view. (I'd especially like to include British newspapers.)

Also, I could take suggestions from readers who might read articles available from non-English sources so long as they can record them.

The project would be one of a number of volumes, probably one for each month of the Conference. I'm guessing there would be between four and, maybe, ten readings for each month.

What do you all think about this? I would like to introduce to our generation of students the rather wild wrangling done throughout the conference with every 'winner' trying to gain control of more and more territory and influence. This wrangling still marks our politics today, to say nothing of how it may have led to the Second World War.

Too dry? Too ambitious? Too ho-hum?